I can't believe I made my goal! (pics)

Options
vinlop
vinlop Posts: 71 Member
I'm pretty happy today, and thought I'd share.

I started MFP about 5 months ago, and have finally reached my extended goal of 170 pounds. I'm in my mid 40's and when I started, was verging on the obese category of the BMI scale. Now I am in the healthy range (admittedly at kind of the high end).

Here is a picture at around my heaviest of 206 pounds...
Before.jpg

When I started, I knew I was out of shape, I was unmotivated, ate what I thought tasted good, and spent most of my free time in front of the TV watching mostly mindless shows. With the help of this web site and it's community, and a couple Beach Body videos (P90X and Insanity), and my treadmill, I became more and more motivated every day. Every time I would notice my clothes becoming looser, see the scale move, or get remarks from co-workers and friends, it increased my motivation and made me want to work even harder and learn more about nutrition.

Here is a picture taken two months ago after I felt I made some good progress. I was about 180 pounds.
After.jpg

During these last two months, I have spent far less time in front of the TV, and I now enjoy much of my free time exercising. My motivation has not only gone up for fitness, I am doing better at work, and taking care of things around the house too. I believe this physical change has helped me in all aspects of my life.

Here are my pictures today at 170.4 pounds...
end1.jpg
end2.jpg

It may be challenging at times, but I believe with my current mindset, I will be able to maintain, continuing my road to good health.

Although I really haven't contributed greatly to these forums, I have read and been inspired by many of your posts every day. I truly believe that if I could do this at my age, everyone else can too.

To each and every person in this community, here is my heart felt THANK YOU! I hope I can inspire someone else to continue on their journey as I have been inspired by so many others.

EDIT
By the way, I bought those swim shorts years ago by mistake. They are a size 30 waist and I thought I would never fit into them. They actually fit pretty good now!

Replies

• veronicamartinez29
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! CONGRATS!!!!
  • peekabeaux
    Options
    Congratulations! I know it was alot of hard work, but it sure paid off. You look great, and you look happy!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! :D Truly amazingggg and so inspirational.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great! (says a 23 year old!) Keep up the fab work, but at the mo you look fab! :)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    HOT! Way to go!!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome Job!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    It actually looks like you lost more than 28 pounds. You look like a new man. Congratulations on the life change!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    :smile: Great job! You look fantastic and I'm sure you feel it too!
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I can't see your pics of today, but your pic of two months ago is great! you look so much younger!

Congratulations :D

EDIT: I can see them now! WOW! Way to Go!!!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! Congrats on meeting your goal. You have inspired me (I might even take some before pics since I haven't really lost anything yet)! :)
  • sshap21712
    Options
    You look great, dude. And much younger too
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You need to buy new & much faster running shoes to fend off all the women chasing you. Lol!

Your biggest challenge is "now"... that is, keeping those fat pounds from creeping back on. Your lifestyle change must last for the rest of your life. Stay with the program or you will be right back where you started except it will be much worse. Good luck! :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Stories like yours keep me motivated. Good job and you look amazing!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    You look great!

....................I totally would have taken the shorts back :tongue:
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey, if I look that good at 44 I won't be complaining hahaha!

Well done mate, you look like a different person!
  • amyschaefer
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!