At work or at home?

Options
Just curious, do you find it easier to eat healthy while at work or at home? For some, their location might not make a difference in the way they eat. I just discovered today that I definitely find it easier for me to eat healthy when I'm at work!

Replies

• kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Easier at work because I don't carry cash - so I can only eat what I bring. Since I prepack it at home when I am not hungry, it is healthier.

At home, I can raid the fridge and pantry - and there are things not on my list there since we have them for our toddler :blushing:
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    At work... At home I'm still eating right, but I'm not tied to the computer to log it all in.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It is easier for me at home because I try to buy healthy groceries. But work is another story. My office buys lunch almost daily and the choices are never good.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Home, sort of. I just dont ever eat at/during work except for like a protein bar or something for lunch.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Easier for me when I am at work because I can follow a routine better. At home, so many things come up or I'm out and about with people which just makes it impossible for me to stay with the plan.
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I find that my habits correlate to stress, not necessarily to where I am. Usually I do better at work because I always pack a lunch. At home, there is so much available. Some days when I am stressed, though, I will be tempted to go out to lunch or have candy at work.
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It is easier for me at home because I try to buy healthy groceries. But work is another story. My office buys lunch almost daily and the choices are never good.

Ah, this would be tough. In a way, it would be nice to have someone buy you lunch, but not getting a healthy option would be so difficult!
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    It really depends, at work it's easy for the time to fly by but when it's slow then I get bored and imagine myself hungry throughout. At home I get to try out new recipes but when I get bored .. yikes! Watch out. So far I have been able to pull it off because I don't keep any sweets around at home, but that can be a problem at work because there are sweets everywhere :|
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    at work ! i teach swim lessons so im in the pool most of the day and when i do get out for lunch, it usually has to be a light one or your cramping when u get back into the pool. When im at home i do my best to pre-ready my meals and stay busy so im not finding my fingers in the cookie jar.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I do really well during the work days at work. I pack my meals in the morning and eat them as planned throughout the day. But it's really hard at night when I get home. I do buy healthy groceries but it doesn't prevent me from craving for more food.
  • gograndma56
    Options
    At home. I work at home so guess I don't have too much choice, but when I did work away from home it was hard to plan ahead. Now I have healthy choices on hand for lunch and can choose. But...it's easier to graze at home.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    at work ! I pack my lunch and snacks for the workday, and stick to it. No so much at home.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I found that it is easy at both home and work. But only if I plan out my day.

There is not way I could do it without planning.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Work! I work in a school so I can't leave for lunch away so I eat the healthy lunch I've packed. I just have to be careful when people bring in treats! At home it's slightly harder because I don't have the same portion control...I can just go to the pantry to get more! But we don't keep junk food in the house, so that helps a ton!
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Work! I work in a school so I can't leave for lunch away so I eat the healthy lunch I've packed. I just have to be careful when people bring in treats! At home it's slightly harder because I don't have the same portion control...I can just go to the pantry to get more! But we don't keep junk food in the house, so that helps a ton!

I work in a school, too! I stay there the entire day and pack my lunch so it is much easier to eat healthy at work. On Wednesdays, it is treat day in the workroom.....thankfully, my classroom is the farthest away from the workroom.
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just curious, do you find it easier to eat healthy while at work or at home? For some, their location might not make a difference in the way they eat. I just discovered today that I definitely find it easier for me to eat healthy when I'm at work!

For some reason, at home I end up eating slightly less than I do when I'm at work. Hmmm, probably from staying busy or I'm out of the house for several hours.
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do better at home. My willpower and discipline are nearly non existent in the real world. I'm ok with a packed lunch but not actually eating out.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I eat healthier at home. I can prepare meals and do my own thing. I have healthy snacks in the fridge/freezer. My work schedule sometimes keeps me from eating when I want and then I end up chowing down to get to my next meeting.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that likes to sabotage my eating.

Eating at home is much easier.