Pumpkin Cake

sandradi11
sandradi11 Posts: 29
edited October 3 in Recipes
This is a bit of a random one but i'm looking for a recipe for a cake that someone put up around a month ago or so. It was quite an easy recipe with canned pumpkin and think it had chocolate cake mix but can't remember exactly. It had good reviews too and now i've finally managed to get hold of a can of pumpkin (in the UK) i can't seem to find it on the forum :-(

Please help if you can :-)

Thanks!

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm not sure about that, but these cupcakes are to die for!

I just like making mine with a box of spice cake instead of the white and you don't need to add the extra spices. SOO good!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced.html
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I'm not sure about that, but these cupcakes are to die for!

I just like making mine with a box of spice cake instead of the white and you don't need to add the extra spices. SOO good!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced.html

I made these yesterday after seeing a post on MFP. I found that they are even more scrumptious if you chill them before you eat them! That reminds me, one is calling my name right now!
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    I just made these...yellow cake mix...one cup pumpkin...one cup water...pumpkin pie spice...

SOOO GOOD...I did end up giving them away...too much temptation...:devil:
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    BUMP!! :) YUM! I love pumpkin!
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Mix a box of cake mix (I like chocolate) with 15oz of plain pumpkin puree and stir.

It will be super thick, but don't add anything else. Fill in your cupcake pan (2/3 full or so, the same as regular old mix) and bake until you poke them and they bounce back and don't jiggle.

I want to say it was about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

These come out so yummy.
    With chocolate frosting these come out to about 120 cals per cupcake, 3 g of fat, 14 g sugar, 200 g sodium.
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    I made these a few days ago and they are sooo good!!! They are more like cake than brownies :)

PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES

Ingredients:

One 18.25-oz. box moist-style devil's food cake mix
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (Libby's is best!)
    1/4 cup creamy reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature
    1 tbsp. light soymilk (plain or vanilla) or fat-free milk (whatever you have on hand)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking pan (about 9" X 13") with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with pumpkin. Stir until completely blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spread batter into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with milk. Using a butter knife or a narrow spoon handle, stir until thoroughly mixed. Swirl the peanut butter mixture over the top of the batter with the knife or spoon handle.
    Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.

Allow to cool, and then cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!

MAKES 16 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 brownie (1/16th of recipe)
    Calories: 160
    Fat: 4g
    Sodium: 293mg
    Carbs: 30g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 15.5g
    Protein: 2.5g
  • Thanks, these all sound lovely! I have a can of Libby's and love my peanut butter too so the brownie one is really tempting :-)
  • Mix a box of cake mix (I like chocolate) with 15oz of plain pumpkin puree and stir.

It will be super thick, but don't add anything else. Fill in your cupcake pan (2/3 full or so, the same as regular old mix) and bake until you poke them and they bounce back and don't jiggle.

I want to say it was about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

These come out so yummy.
    With chocolate frosting these come out to about 120 cals per cupcake, 3 g of fat, 14 g sugar, 200 g sodium.

does this come out gooey in the middle?
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    I <3 pumpkin! thanks for the recipes!
  • martiii_cat
    martiii_cat Posts: 15 Member
    was just looking for a good healthy pumpkin bread recipe for my bf's birthday but the pumpkin cupcakes sound even better! awesome!
This discussion has been closed.