Looking for suggestions during maintenance

Options
I recently reached my weight loss goal and have found it difficult to eat the additional 250 cals that have been added daily to maintain my weight. I struggled to reach my goal before on 1200 a day. However, in the last 2 weeks, I have been able to reach 1200 more consistently, but I am still losing weight (lost a total of .7 in the last 2 weeks).

I have not exercised at all in about 3 weeks. The reason being because I don't want to over do it since I don't reach my calorie goal. Does anyone have any suggestions of a different way to approach this? I am very content on what I eat, and don't often change it up to much. It's worked for me for so long, and also because I am terrified of going back to that awful place I lived my whole life in.

When I do exercise, I prefer to Zumba. It's the most enjoyable for me and I can do a 90 minute workout, which on average I burn about 650-700 cals... (at least I think that's about what I'm burning). Another thing, I workout at night time, because I have no desire to get up early in the morning.

I'm just trying to find the right balance of eating more and exercising without losing anymore weight, all while trying to eat more AFTER I exercise!!

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Time to put some healthy fats back into your eating....nuts, avocado, olives, nut butters, more eggs, cheese, bananas - all those things that we restrict when calorie counting - adding a bit of this - and you can easily make the extra 250 calories
  • billuaa
    billuaa Posts: 56
    Options
    Just add a huge salad with lots of veggies, Or potato, Or maybe a 150-200 cal treat! Skinny cow or piece of chocolate so u never feel deprived.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    And by the way - Congratulations - great job!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep logging. Go up slow. If you see yourself starting to gain. Go back down.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i second the healthy fat suggestion. Change your diet to include things that you may have cut out for calories sake. So eat WHOLE eggs, add an ounce or two of lowfat cheese to your steamed veggies, have avocado on your sandwiches or omelets, eat nuts/seeds/peanut butter with your fruits.

It is truly quite easy to add in LOADS of extra calories without making yourself stuffed if you're choosing dense things that have lots of healthy fat.

congrats on reaching your goal!