While running..

Options
does anyone sometime experience the feeling of their feet going to "sleep" or tingling, this happened to me today, and i had to go a mile short because it was so uncomfortable, any suggestions on why this would happen? feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    LOL I thought she said she was falling asleep while she was running. Sorry
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    does anyone sometime experience the feeling of their feet going to "sleep" or tingling, this happened to me today, and i had to go a mile short because it was so uncomfortable, any suggestions on why this would happen? feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Yes, usually due to the shoes that you are wearing. When you run, our feet swell in overall size, and if your shoes are tight. Your just adding extra pressure around your foot. Try tightening your shoe laces slightly loose than you normally do. Or even wearing a pair of running shoes a 1/2 size larger to allow your feet to expand when running. I've encountered this plenty of times in the past, and as I lost more weight. This problem virtually disappeared, and as of today no problems whatsoever.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It could be as simple as your socks getting funky creases and cutting off circulation or shoes not fitting right. Or it could be bad circulation which means you should see a doctor.
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Running shoes should be bought a1/2 size bigger.... or maybe your laces are too tight
  • juliesmiles
    Options
    That has happen to me also. It was because my shoe laces were to tight. What I did was loosen my laces and worn 2 pair of light weight socks.
  • mushalek
    Options
    okay ill try some new shoes, i just thought it was odd because this has never happened before and i've always worn the same shoes but they might have too many miles on then now ha
  • mushalek
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    LOL I thought she said she was falling asleep while she was running. Sorry

hahah now that would be a BIG problem :p
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options

Yes, usually due to the shoes that you are wearing. When you run, our feet swell in overall size, and if your shoes are tight. Your just adding extra pressure around your foot. Try tightening your shoe laces slightly loose than you normally do. Or even wearing a pair of running shoes a 1/2 size larger to allow your feet to expand when running. I've encountered this plenty of times in the past, and as I lost more weight. This problem virtually disappeared, and as of today no problems whatsoever.

This... Also, check to make sure your laces aren't too tight. If it persists though... You should probably see a doc about your circulation.