heart rate monitors

Options
I keep reading that i should get a heart rate monitor to help more accurately judge how much im getting out of exercising. Is this really neccessary to have and if so is there any out there that are recommended? Preferably less than a hundred but if there one that is just a must have than i would consider paying more. Also, how accurate are they in measuring calories burned?

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting one as well. I have heard polar ones are pretty good. I've read some reviews on Amazon and they seem to hold up.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Use the search button. There are 100's of post about HRM.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT4 from Amazon ($50) back in July and I could not be happier! Not only does it work flawlessly, but it really motivates me to work out harder and longer. This has been going on since I first got it. I will often push myself to go another hundred or two hundred calories, whereas before I would just work out for a certain time. Now I barely look at the time.

It's a fun and useful tool. Well worth the money!
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and i love it. It was recommended to me by a friend and i also did a lot of research. I would really recommend you get one because it helps you know exactly how hard you are working out and gives an accurate caloeir burn which i have found has helped me eat the right ammount. I paid around $90 at fitness depot.