Newbie trying to avoid LOOKING like a pumpkin.

Options
Hi there! My bff talked me into joining and it's probably a good thing considering EVERYTHING is pumpkin flavor right now and that's a big weakness of mine!!! Busy mother of a 4 year old boy and 19 month old girl trying to stay focused and get my family healthy. Would love some more friends on here for motivation and support.

Replies

• Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Remember one day at a time.
  • Staceymb420
    Options
    Great tip! I'll try and remember that. Thanks :smile:
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    I am also new to the group. A couple friends also told me about this. I love how easy it is to keep track of calories and such. I am on a laptop so if I am going somewhere I will put info in so I know what to choose. I don't have the phone app yet (old cell)
    One day at a time is great advice. Do you have a plan for healthy food choices? I have hypoglycemia so I have had to understand the balance of good carbs and proteins and good fats. I try to eats lots of fresh vegetables, baked skinless chicken for protein. I am no expert but happy to share what is working for me right now.
    Best of luck on your venture. :)
    Kelle:smile:
  • Sara42754
    Options
    Welcome to the group ladies! I know it is hard to lose weight. I have lost 25 lbs. before. I gained all of it and more back though. It isn't hard to do.So far I have lost 15 lbs and have 30 more to go. I try to do lots of zumba and walking/running. The way I do it is I run 6 minutes but you may wany to start with 2.Then I walk for 2 or 3 minutes.I do that over and over until I get to 2 miles. It seems to work. If you haven't tried zumba then you really should. It is so fun.There are a few tips ladies:) I wish you all luck!