What's your healthy morning routine?

Options
I'm in my 3rd week of MFP and my next move is to start off first thing in the morning. Just wondering what you all do to start your day. Wondering if I should eat breakfast first. Have breakfast workout then maybe have an orange on the way to work. . Walk/run on the treadmill or put on a DVD. I've gotta be out of the by 7:30, so I'm hoping this won't exhaust me. Lol

Cheers to good health

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I get up have a small breakfast (eggwhites or string cheese and a piece of fruit) take my kids to school, then go for a run outside (Its ME TIME)...come home and have a protein shake!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:00, eat a 100 calorie mini clif bar, head to the pool from 5:30-6:30, rush home (only 2 miles from the gym) to get ready for work and out the door at 7. I eat a proper breakfast once I'm at work - usually whole wheat waffles with natural peanut butter. If I don't exercise in the morning, I won't do it at night! Good luck :)
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I push it to the very last minute to get out of bed. Take my vitamins with 4oz of green smoothie and go to work. When I get to work, THEN I make myself breakfast around 8:30-9am

Then the rest of the day is pretty much the same through the week.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It will exhaust you... until you get used to it. Also, you will need to make sure that you go to be early. It's very easy to decide to sleep through a workout when you are sleep deprived.

As for me... I eat a banana when I wake up and then work out. I also need to leave my house by 7:30 and I have two young children I have to get up and ready so I have no extra time to spare. I eat the banana while getting on the treadmill/putting on the video... I run on the treadmill or do a video. I don't usually have more than 45 minutes. I jump in the shower and then eat breakfast. Usually a hard boiled egg and a slice of whole wheat toast with a piece of cheddar cheese. Quick and easy. I make my tea and put it in a thermal to-go cup and drink it on my way to work.

Not sure it that helps you or not... I wish you luck....

Feel free to add me as a friend... extra support helps keep us honest :smile:
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I get up with the kids, take my nexium, let them watch half an hour show then do a workout DVD. I don't eat because with the nexium I need to wait an hour after I take it so it's the perfect time to workout. Then I shower and have a healthy breakfast like oatmeal, Life cereal or eggs.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I get up and have a smallish breakfast, take care of emails and such, head to the gym for a workout and then I usually have a banana on my way to work.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I workout when I get up in the morning for about 30-40 minutes including warm up and cool down (running or an exercise DVD ). Like some of the others, I need to get it out of the way first thing in the morning. I drink water, take my meds, shower, get dressed then have breakfast which is usually cereal or a smoothie or egg whites, wheat toast and fruit. With all of this I'm usually out of the door in 90 minutes.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    1. wake up at 630 when the cat jumps on my face
    2. wake up at 7 when hubby gets up
    3. wake up at 715 when my alarm goes off
    4. hit snooze, repeatedly.
    5. roll out of bed, stagger to shower
    6. get dressed, make breakfast and lunch.
    7. eat breakfast.

lather, rinse, repeat.
  • krissykross
    Options
    I get up at 8am everyday (except on the weekends), use the bathroom and weigh myself, and have a cup of coffee or two while I watch the news. Then I have some breakfast, get dressed, and I'm usually feeling good enough to walk the dog for 30-60 minutes. It's a good way to start the day.