hey everyone!

My name is Melanie. I am currently 21 years old, and have been working on losing weight since June. I started in June while at summer school at Alabama A&M University. I worked hard and lost about 5 pounds, went home for the month of July, gained it all back and then some. I came back to school with a goal to lose weight and not gain it back. I started at 203, I am currently 183. Everything is going well so far! It has definitely been a challenge, but I am doing everything I can not to let it defeat me. I am a student athlete, I bowl, so it is not a very active sport, but we do work out. If anyone has any good suggestions or inspirational stories, I love would love to hear :) I am always open for some healthy recipes :) My goal is to get to 160 by Christmas. I am working hard to prove to my family that it is possible, and hopefully my lifestyle change will help them make one too!

-Melanie

Replies

• SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    My name is Melanie. I am currently 21 years old, and have been working on losing weight since June. I started in June while at summer school at Alabama A&M University. I worked hard and lost about 5 pounds, went home for the month of July, gained it all back and then some. I came back to school with a goal to lose weight and not gain it back. I started at 203, I am currently 183. Everything is going well so far! It has definitely been a challenge, but I am doing everything I can not to let it defeat me. I am a student athlete, I bowl, so it is not a very active sport, but we do work out. If anyone has any good suggestions or inspirational stories, I love would love to hear :) I am always open for some healthy recipes :) My goal is to get to 160 by Christmas. I am working hard to prove to my family that it is possible, and hopefully my lifestyle change will help them make one too!

-Melanie
    Welcome to the site, and best of luck on your goals!