too much energy after working out or crash later

Options
Does anyone else get too much energy after working out? Sometimes I workout about two hours before bed and I find it difficult to sleep because it feels like I just have too much energy. I eat dinner and I just can't sit still and literally have to get up and move. -- If I workout in the morning on my days off, I feel great most of the morning and then need a nap midday. What's up?

Replies

• dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am soo the same way!
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Could be that little alien inside your body is awake during the day and draining your life force while you're awake. But when night comes, that little *kitten* is in sleep mode, giving you this incredible amount of energy. Damn diurnal parasites...
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I CAN NOT sleep after. Takes about 2/3 hrs for it to wear off, then I am awake all night. Cant workout at night. Period. ;(
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    You are a normal person. That's what. I get tired at the end of my work day, and if I don't steal a few z's at lunch I find myself dozing off on the drive home.
    I get my workout at about 5-7 in the evening, and stay revved up for at least a few hours.

Maybe drink something like that sleepy tea(whatever it is called) or something?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try working out for a shorter period of time but more intense. You might wear yourself out quicker so that you're exhausted and sleep really well. If I workout at night, I try to workout a couple hours before bed, take a hot shower and that usually relaxes me well enough to sleep. Or try working out in the daytime.
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I workout at night, a few hours before bed. I had the same problem at first. Couldn't sleep and had way too much energy. But now that I've been doing it for a while, my body has gotten used to it and I sleep like a baby.

I believe the reason that you have this problem is because your body is still in fat burning mode several hours after you workout. I like the fact that I can now sleep through this time...I am burning a little fat while I sleep. Woot! lol
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Take a nice hot bath, read a good book and then go to bed.