Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

frustrated any suggestions?

i've been at this for about 2 months now. for the first 4-6 weeks i was doing great. i lost about 7 lbs, i had more energy, my clothes were fitting better, i felt invincible!! now for the last 2-3 weeks i've plateaued, and i've even gained a pound or two back. i've gotten frustrated with diets before, and in the past i've given up. but i don't want to give up this time. i'm determined to reach my goal and maintain it. any suggestions?

Replies

• i know it sounds trite but
    dont give up! look at the long term. give yourself a larger window- like a month, instead of looking at weeks.
  • boku70
    boku70 Posts: 80
    Every time I hit a plateau, I powered through it by doing a ridiculous amount of cardio. Then the loss would resume.
  • Change-up/Rev-up your training routine - try something different!!! Don't give up!!!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Don't give up. The plateau will end. I agree with the other comments.. change it up. Your body is looking for a "boost"..
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Without seeing your diary it is difficult to make any good suggestions. However, look at the two links below. They may help with your question.

The first is my blog, on which I have posted my food plan.
    The second is a good slideshow from WebMD about metabolism and diet/exercise
  • idcatiej22
    idcatiej22 Posts: 49 Member
    thanks for all the help and the support everyone!! i'm going to spice up my work-out over the next couple of weeks and see if that helps. thanks again; you guys are the best :flowerforyou: