Not sore?

Options
For the past week I have been doing cardio everyday and I also added in a couple of weight machines and have not been sore once. My question is this: is that bad? My body feels tired like it has been working but I am not sore. I asked a lady at my gym and she said that was a good thing because I was building lean muscle. What is your take on it? Am I not working hard enough or am I doing just enough to build lean muscle?

Thanks!!

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    If you take a day off, you might actually get sore. When I work out all the time like that I'm never sore, but as soon as I stop for a day it catches up to me for some reason.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    not a big deal. it's actually a good thing. Try mixing it up if you want to get sore. I'm sure I could give you some really pyscho running speed workouts to do :P hahaha
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I have been working out hard and have added to it but have yet to be sore. I'm just tired after working out. I have decided not to worry to much about it cause the weight is still coming off and I find that if I am sore I tend not to work out as hard until the soreness goes away.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I get sore 24 hours after weight training, if i dont get sore, i know i didn't do i good job. If you are weight training as an aerobic exercise that might be different, but isn't in line with what i do.
  • sertcelik
    Options
    Hello Dawn :) Not getting sore, especially at the start is uncommon. The gym that you are attending, do they offer personal training? Maybe take a few sessions to get the hang of it and go from there. Good luck!!