Chili and Cheese stuffed Taco Potatoes

Options
Are you a little confused after reading that title? I bet. This recipe is inspired by my sister's recipe for taco potatoes, easy to make, and with the mashed potato mixture gives the dish some creaminess.

2-3 jumbo russet potatoes
small can of green chilies
1 8oz tub of cream cheese, softened
1 lb of hamburger
1 package of taco seasoning
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
3 tbsp butter
1/4 c of milk
shredded cheese
1 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, diced
1/4 c of chives
Tub of sour cream

Preheat oven to 400F. Pierce potatoes with a fork all over. Bake potatoes in oven for a good hour, hour and half. They must be soft in the middle. If you are on a time crunch, you can also microwave the potatoes for about 8 minutes. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out potato pulp into a bowl. In the potato pulp bowl add milk, butter, paprika, salt and pepper. Mash. Add cream cheese and can of chilies and mix well. Place back in the potato shells and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

Brown hamburger in frying pan. Follow directions on taco seasoning packet. Remove potatoes from oven and place on plate. Top with hamburger, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, tomatoes, and chives. Enjoy!

Replies

• dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I am going to do this the next time I have everything but the tortillas (um, tomorrow)! Thanks!
  • BigJMcK
    BigJMcK Posts: 22
    Options
    no tortilla needed! The potato serves as the "shell". Ohhhhh I see what you're saying ha ha!! Great :laugh:
  • sare_sweetheart
    Options
    bump
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Mmm, saved this to my recipes :)