Snack/Food Alternatives

Options
cab2424
cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
I'm sure something like this has been posted before, but I decided to start a new one. What are some of your favorite snack or food alternatives?

My new alternative that actually works for me....

I love bagels and cream cheese or chips and dip.

I found that one Laughing Cow cheese with 17 Special K crackers is a great snack and a good alternative.

17 Special K crackers 90 Cal
1 Laughing Cow cheese 35 cal (I get french onion flavor)

Low cal, low fat, 470 sodium (a little high)

Replies

• cab2424
    Options
    I'm sure something like this has been posted before, but I decided to start a new one. What are some of your favorite snack or food alternatives?

My new alternative that actually works for me....

I love bagels and cream cheese or chips and dip.

I found that one Laughing Cow cheese with 17 Special K crackers is a great snack and a good alternative.

17 Special K crackers 90 Cal
    1 Laughing Cow cheese 35 cal (I get french onion flavor)

Low cal, low fat, 470 sodium (a little high)
  • jelee18
    jelee18 Posts: 46
    Options
    Sounds strange, but it's good...

Stovetop popped white popcorn
    Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce (used sparingly on popcorn)

Skip the salt and butter...
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love the new Quaker Simple harvest granola bars.

I get the apple cranberry ones. It's a 140 calories but so tasty and filling. It holds me over till dinner. or sometimes if our school has a 2 hour delay I eat it for breakfast.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I like a cup of coffee with half a packet of hot chocolate (60 cal). You could even use sugar free hot chocolate for better calorie count.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    oh, here's another. Breakstones low fat cottage cheese cup (4oz.=90 Cal) mixed with Mott's unsweetened applesauce cup (50 Cal). Filling and sweet.
  • cab2424
    Options

[/quote

What a good idea! Yumm
  • cab2424
    Options
    I like a cup of coffee with half a packet of hot chocolate (60 cal). You could even use sugar free hot chocolate for better calorie count.

Good Alternative to that Starbucks Non Fat Peppermint Mocha Twist that I enjoyed over Xmas. I probably could even get a peppermint hot chocolate to put in.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

oooh, I'm gonna have to try that - I :heart: popcorn AND hot sauce! And I even have both of those at home!
  • shar140
    Options
    I found that if I take a Triscuit cracker, top it with a slice of turkey pepperoni and a little shredded 2% mozzarella cheese, it's almost like pizza!
  • shar140
    Options

I finally tried this tonight - wow, you don't even miss the butter! Of course my mouth is on fire so I don't taste much else! :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I made a new snack today that was so darn tasty that I'll probably be turning it into a regular snack!

PB&J Smoothie
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    3/4 cup lowfat milk
    1/4 cup frozen strawberries

Put it all in the blender and whirl it up. If you like it really thick you can add some ice for more of a milkshake type smoothie.

Good protien & energy, around 160 cals total...very filling and satisfying!
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate so I have 1/8th of a cup of M & M's each afternoon - eat them slow and enjoy only 105 calories. I also have 2-4 Hershey Kisses at night if the daily calories allow 29 calories each.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    These are not very inventive, but they are tried and true.
    Fave snacks:

ALMONDS (I preportion these into baggies on grocery day)
    1/2 Luna Bar
    Weight control Oatmeal
    Sugar Free Hot cocoa
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    I have posted this many times in the past but Detour Bars taste like snickers bars.
    180 cal
    15g of whey protein

This is for the small bar and you can get them individually at Wal Mart for about a buck but Sam's sells a 24 pack for around 18 bucks so they are inexpensive.

They also sell big ones which are double the size and exactly double the calories. Great Meal Replacement if you are on the go. You can get those at GNC