At Home Scales

Options
I'm tired of having to use the scale at the rec center at my school and I want to get a scale of my own so I can weigh when it's convenient for me. But I don't know what brand I should get. Any ideas? I want to make sure it's pretty accurate.

Replies

• brmonet
    brmonet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a withings scale. its a little expensive...but its shows your bmi, your fat mass, and lean mass. It also sends the data to the website so you can track your trend. I personally love it and worth every penny!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters too much - as long as you use the same one it should show the changes in your weight - which is more important than the actual number (which varies during the day anyway!)
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got a Health-o-meter from walmart. I did get the higher priced one that measures water, bmi, and even has a setting you program for your goal weight and daily caloric intake. It's about $40, but so far, is as accurate as the scale at my dr! :)
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I got a Health-o-meter from Walmart, too. But it's the slightly cheaper one ($35) that tracks weight, bmi, hydration, and bone density.

It's broken right now though -- not from any manufacturer defect....more like caveman handling ;p Still pretty much useable (can see the weight I am, but not ounces -- 162._?).

So I'll be needing a new one tout suite! ;)