It's not the size of the dog in the fight...

Options
“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ~Mark Twain

I know that this saying has nothing to do with weight loss in the sense of the "size" of the dog but today I've been thinking about this a lot and I think it's the perfect weight loss quote! I mean, isn't that what it comes down to for all of us? Whether you're trying to lose 10lbs or 100lbs, it's about the amount of perseverance, willingness, and fight inside us. No matter what size you are, if you you don't have the drive to do anything about it then you're going to lose the fight (by not losing!) but if you've got that fighting spirit of someone thinner, healthier, and happier inside you then you can accomplish anything!

So here's a toast (something low cal of course :drinker: ) to all of us fighters who take the time to log our calories here in MFP, who get off our butts and workout, and who motivate each other through thick and thin to keep up the hard work!

We can do it!

LLAP

Replies

• L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    “It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ~Mark Twain

I know that this saying has nothing to do with weight loss in the sense of the "size" of the dog but today I've been thinking about this a lot and I think it's the perfect weight loss quote! I mean, isn't that what it comes down to for all of us? Whether you're trying to lose 10lbs or 100lbs, it's about the amount of perseverance, willingness, and fight inside us. No matter what size you are, if you you don't have the drive to do anything about it then you're going to lose the fight (by not losing!) but if you've got that fighting spirit of someone thinner, healthier, and happier inside you then you can accomplish anything!

So here's a toast (something low cal of course :drinker: ) to all of us fighters who take the time to log our calories here in MFP, who get off our butts and workout, and who motivate each other through thick and thin to keep up the hard work!

We can do it!

LLAP

:drinker: We sure can! Good Luck on your journey!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!"

For all the BIG goals!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I believe Mark Twain was put on this earth to inspire me and make me laugh all at the same time. Good quote!