need motivational tips

Options
Hi fellow losers.....I've just found my way back to this site today after taking a long hiatus for no reason. I've managed to gain all my weight lost, plus some, and decided to see if I could work my way back on track. I was dedicated to this site and a few groups and was consistently losing weight and then I just lost any will power or drive to keep things going. This happens to me often and I can never fight my way through it. I was just wondering what you guys do to help push yourselves through those giant moments of weakness. I'm sick of failing myself and want to use your opinions and tricks to keep myself motivated. I have a long journey ahead of me and could use all the help I can get!!

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    First trick...make a list of the reasons you want to lose the weight. Keep it posted somewhere you can see it every single day. Read it every day and read it again when you need motivation.

Find something you enjoy.

Find something to work for...like running a marathon.

Find some friends to workout with.

I'm one who is really bad for lack of motivation sometimes. Everybody says "just do it, just workout" but I'm sorry, that DOES NOT work for me. It makes it worse. I go through times where I really don't feel like working out at all and man I know how hard it is to get through those times but you have to find something from deep down inside. You need to find a reason to push through but the reason has to come from inside of you, you have to truly want it in order to get through these times.

Personally, I have a Wii game with karate, boxercise, hip hop, latin, aerobics, etc and that is what I do when I really, really don't feel like working out because that is fun for me.

Set mini goals (work out 10 minutes or a day, or a 30 minute workout three days a week) and try your hardest to achieve them for the sake of achieving them and then you could treat yourself to something once you've hit it. I hate the idea of weight loss goals because I don't have much weight to lose and it's extremely difficult so I'd rather reward myself for goals such as work out 3 x a week for 4 weeks then get a pedicure or a massage or something.

On days you don't want to workout, just do squats, lunges, pushups, crunches, etc. Do 25 jumping jacks now, 25 later, and do them randomly instead of commiting yourself to 20 minutes, commit yourself to 1 minute 20 times a day.

Not sure what else to say. That's usually what works best for me.
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    I feel like I need some motivational tips too right now..

Here are some I think help:
    - setting MFP as my homepage so it is easy to remember to log every day
    - trying not to be stressed out because stressing out triggers me into eating lots and not exercising
    - www.bodyrock.tv she has a 4 minute workout on there that you can do at home. I tell myself surely I can at least do 4 minutes.
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So far you ladies have great advice! Thanks so much!! Keep it coming people...I want to be successful just like you!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Take a pic of yourself and put it up somewhere where you will see it constantly. I have a pic of me on my refrigerator and when I see it, it makes me not want to get the junk food I want. As far as exercise, I just start by saying I am going to do 10 min and usually after 10 min of something I keep going. I hope this helps. I have bad days too but I get back up and keep going.