another new girl..

Options
hi

Im new to this too, ive just been fiddeling with all the tools and found out i have to only eat 1200 cals a day, but BMR says i burn that much by staying in bed? ive been counting calories for a few months now and am not getting any bigger or smaller! im stuck!??

Im confused and need help so have joined up to get some advice and motivation;-)

Speak soon xx

Replies

• SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hi

Im new to this too, ive just been fiddeling with all the tools and found out i have to only eat 1200 cals a day, but BMR says i burn that much by staying in bed? ive been counting calories for a few months now and am not getting any bigger or smaller! im stuck!??

Im confused and need help so have joined up to get some advice and motivation;-)

Speak soon xx
    Welcome to the site! 1200 staying in bed seems like an awful lot, unless you're moving around... (whistling innocently)
  • hartsgirl
    Options
    Welcome aboard...you will love it here!
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the journey :)
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :smile:

I am sure you will love it here and soon become addicted.

Good luck reaching your goal, we are all here to help you on your way :smile:
  • kira80
    kira80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI and Welcome! I'm fairly new to this site as well. I mostly use it for the iphone app. I always said losing weight would be easy if I found a better way to track what I eat. I don't think it gets any more simple than taking a picture of a bar code. That took away 2/3 of the tracking stress. I actually use sparkpeople for everything else. I'm just now starting to explore this site more.

What did you use to calculate your BMR? If your photo is current, you look great already and that is probably correct. Im a large girl, 271 currently from 350, and my BMR is 2003. I eat 1200 calories a day, but I also watch my carbs and sodium. How much starch are you eating? How recently did you start working out? WHen you start working out, it can cause you to retain water at first and then releases once your body adjusts. Carbs and sodium can cause you to retain as well. I drink lemon in at least one glass of water a day to keep from retaining. I also drink about 15 glasses of water a day to keep it flushed. I only allow myself two starches a day at breaskfast/lunch or breakfast/dinner. I don't have more than two fruits, one if its dried fruit.

Just don't give up. Keep experimenting and stay away from fad diets. There is no such thing as "dieting". Everything we eat is part of our daily diet. We either eat healthy or we don't. Fad diets and pills are temporary fixes for a permanent problem. Once you gain fat, the cells remain even if you deplete them which means its easy for you to gain it back in the future. The only fix is healthy lifestyle changes.

Good luck!
  • sj77xx
    sj77xx Posts: 7
    Options
    Heya just wanted to say hi and good luck, im new on here also and new to calorie counting :) x
  • Tinks32
    Tinks32 Posts: 18
    Options
    hi thanks for all the replys!! xx

kira80 - i used a tool on this site for BMR, i must of done it wrong!lol The pic was took in summer i have put on weight since then, i dont really work out (think thats another prob of mine) other than school run, housework and odd go on the wii thats as good as it gets really!! Thanks for the good advice x
  • Tinks32
    Tinks32 Posts: 18
    Options
    hi

Speak soon xx
    Welcome to the site! 1200 staying in bed seems like an awful lot, unless you're moving around... (whistling innocently)

lol ;-)