I'm Baaaaaack......

Hi, everyone, this is Deb from Thailand...you know, 'fat and fifty and swimming like crazy'

I fell behind on all the posting round about mid Dec....our busiest time of year on this mission field. We had 2 back to back medical out reaches in Novemeber followed by 2 back to back teams of young Malaysians who came to Thailand to share their Christian faith. ( they were darling and a joy to work with. We did and English camp, a sports day and a huge Christmas party/outreach for the neighborhood. On the day they left, I jumped into the pool and banged out a mile, but within 20 minutes of finishing my heart went into arrythmyia (sp) and my poor distraught hubby had to race me to the hospital. ( this is after I drove myself home from the pool, praying nonstop) In the hospital they discovered my heart beat was 180/minute and would not come down...stayed that way for about 4 hours until they injected me with something that brought it down from 180 to 60 in 6 seconds. Felt a little like falling off the Empire State Building. YIKES. The doctor was very impressed that at 180 beats a minute 1) my blood pressure was normal 120/80. 2) that during the entire incident I could talk, ( In Thai, ) walk, and even hop up on the examining table without any trouble or needing any help. He was truly amazed and when I told him of my weekly workout, he laughed and declared that I was stronger them him! Ha. ( The security guards at my son's interenational school, all ex Thai special forces, are in awe of me... they also say that I am stronger than them when they see me dive and and swim that mile. hee hee

Anyway, I was diagnosed with AVNRT--it is an electrical problem having to do with a circuit which goes'on' from time to time. He has me on meds and has said I can continue to exercise, but to be sensitive to my body's signals. Hmmmm.

Anyway I have finally, after about a 10 day rest, resumed my routines and am loving it. Also, thankfully, though I have not dropped any more weight, I also did not gain through the holidays. I remain at 24 pounds down and about 100 to go.

I am so glad to be on these boards. You guys are the greatest and I get so much enjoyment out of reading all your posts even when I am not posting myself.

Love ya~ Deb:blushing:

Replies

• deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Hi, everyone, this is Deb from Thailand...you know, 'fat and fifty and swimming like crazy'

I fell behind on all the posting round about mid Dec....our busiest time of year on this mission field. We had 2 back to back medical out reaches in Novemeber followed by 2 back to back teams of young Malaysians who came to Thailand to share their Christian faith. ( they were darling and a joy to work with. We did and English camp, a sports day and a huge Christmas party/outreach for the neighborhood. On the day they left, I jumped into the pool and banged out a mile, but within 20 minutes of finishing my heart went into arrythmyia (sp) and my poor distraught hubby had to race me to the hospital. ( this is after I drove myself home from the pool, praying nonstop) In the hospital they discovered my heart beat was 180/minute and would not come down...stayed that way for about 4 hours until they injected me with something that brought it down from 180 to 60 in 6 seconds. Felt a little like falling off the Empire State Building. YIKES. The doctor was very impressed that at 180 beats a minute 1) my blood pressure was normal 120/80. 2) that during the entire incident I could talk, ( In Thai, ) walk, and even hop up on the examining table without any trouble or needing any help. He was truly amazed and when I told him of my weekly workout, he laughed and declared that I was stronger them him! Ha. ( The security guards at my son's interenational school, all ex Thai special forces, are in awe of me... they also say that I am stronger than them when they see me dive and and swim that mile. hee hee

Anyway, I was diagnosed with AVNRT--it is an electrical problem having to do with a circuit which goes'on' from time to time. He has me on meds and has said I can continue to exercise, but to be sensitive to my body's signals. Hmmmm.

Anyway I have finally, after about a 10 day rest, resumed my routines and am loving it. Also, thankfully, though I have not dropped any more weight, I also did not gain through the holidays. I remain at 24 pounds down and about 100 to go.

I am so glad to be on these boards. You guys are the greatest and I get so much enjoyment out of reading all your posts even when I am not posting myself.

Love ya~ Deb:blushing:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    WOW..I am glad to hear you are ok. Welcome back and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Glad to see you back.

Happy New Year!!!

It is so good to see your happy face on the boards again.
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Hi there!

I'm new to this (less than 1 week) so I can't say welcome back, but I can say Hi!

I'm glad that everything turned out ok with your heart, the good Lord was with you! :flowerforyou:

Patty