I'm new!

Options
ms78
ms78 Posts: 37 Member
I started using the my fitness pal iphone app a few weeks ago and its been great - I missed a few days at first but am now in the habit of using it every day. i've lost a few pounds since I started it and hope to lose a few more.
Does anyone have any tips on diet, motivation or exercise for me? I stick within 1200 net calories every day by eating smallish but filling meals and exercising for about 30 mins most days - on the days I don't exercise, I just eat less.

Replies

• TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I wish you the very best.Stay with it,drink your water, and exercise at least 45 minutes three times a week.:smile:
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too and in the same boat as far as calories and workout routine. I have already lost 4 pounds in two weeks and definitely plan on sticking around!
  • koala1408
    Options
    Hi - I'm reasonably new to this site as well still in my first month so still at risk of forgetting!!

Tips - plently of water, exercise buddies are good - I feel guilty if I don't go especially if it means my friend can't go or won't go alone!

What exercise are you doing?

My best thing is I live over 3miles from the shop and therefore don't keep "rubbish but nice" munchies in the house then late evening, when the munchy gremlin wakes up I just can't really be that bothered to drive to the shop.

Well done so far and best of luck
  • ms78
    ms78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I usually spend 30-45 minutes in the gym about 5 or 6 times a week and make sure I burn at least 250 calories. I run, cycle and use the cross trainers and I sometimes go for a swim afterwards. My boyfriend comes with me when he is off work and I usually do a bit more on those days because we help each other out. I drink a lot of water too - but I usually forget how much and don't put it in my diary.
    I'm a bit worried about the winter coming up and I will lose the motivation to leave the house! or even not be able to get to the gym because of snow etc.
    I'm not sure how much I've lost so far (my starting weight in my diary is wrong because I worked it out wrong at the time and got myself confused!) but its at least 4lb in a month.