Hello from Leeds, UK

Options
kakiem
kakiem Posts: 183 Member
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Been trying to loose weight for a year now. I was on the Weight Watchers ProPoints system but I wanted to try something different. Have lost just over a stone since January (after putting some back on as well >:o( ) and would lie to loose at least another stone.

I am a PhD student in my final year so weight loss isn't being helped with stress. I am hoping counting calories will help as I can still have a treat when the stress is really getting to me!

Wish me luck!

Katie

Replies

• chocolatefairey
    Options
    Hey and welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add for support, good luck! :)
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step on this wonderful site! You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello hun welcome to mfp. doing a degree and dieting must be tough going well done you though. im quite addicted to mfp i think i spend too much time here getting ideas for my life style change its a great resource though and calorie counting for me has been the only diet i seem to have seen some success with. add me if you like hun
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome, I'm finding this a useful and supportive site. Feel free to add me if you want more friends.
  • MadOne2011
    MadOne2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from the UK too. I have found this site very useful, motivational and determined to loose the weight I need to. Feel free to add a fellow MFP from the UK :-)
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Helloooo feel free to add me and then wife Snowball, we're from Leeds tooooo ;0) welcome !!!!!
  • lollienluke
    lollienluke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi im from the uk as well just across from you in hull, feel free to add me if you want x
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Do any of you know my friend Roy? He lives in Leeds as well! Traveled to see him in 2010...we went to York because he said there wasnt much to do/see in Leeds! Lovely country, just the same!

Cheers!

Marty
  • RedKH
    RedKH Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome to MFP :smile:
    I live in Bradford and work in Leeds so i'm in your neck of the woods, feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • rmh84
    rmh84 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello! Good luck in your journey :) I have to admit, I clicked on yourt thread because my grandfather was born in Leeds, and I still have family there!
  • RMCRichard
    RMCRichard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: Leeds here!! Leeds Leeds Leeds :-)
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I'm an East Londoner but have been to Leeds (to eat nando's and krispy kremes haha) good luck with your journey. Feel free to add x
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome on the team! I hope you'll find what you're looking for :) Add me if you want to be friends :)
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I was stationed in the UK in the 80s, right outside of Ipswich. Beautiful country! Good luck on your weight loss journey. Glad you are joining us!:smile: