positive thinking!!!

Options
so ive read the secret book and am starting on the power....
just wondering peoples thoughts on positive thinking??
i always fell better when i do!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I've always been an optimist (well except for believing that our government gets it right). Positive thinking is a MUST if you're training to attain a goal that will have obstacles. It gets discouraging when you do things right and the results are less than desirable and that's where you need to have positive re-enforcement of your beliefs and self. IMO, half the people that fail at weight loss is a negative thinkers mentality.
  • jem728
    jem728 Posts: 88
    Options
    Positve thinking is a must for whatever goal you have set for yourself. I plan on reading "The Power". Let me know what you think about both books.
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Love The Secret! It's a little hard to grasp the first time around. I suggest multiple rereadings for a refresher. My best advice to increase positive thinking is saying daily affirmations to yourself. Things like, "I am beautiful, I love my body, I will lose weight, etc." All of these sayings must be in a positive note, as saying "I will not eat the oreos" actually translates to "I will eat the oreos" (more on this in The Secret.

There are tons of articles on daily affirmations. I used to do them all the time. I said them outloud to myself on my drive to work. I printed a little sheet of them. And it really works to keep yourself positive! Try it out sometime!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've always been an optimist (well except for believing that our government gets it right). Positive thinking is a MUST if you're training to attain a goal that will have obstacles. It gets discouraging when you do things right and the results are less than desirable and that's where you need to have positive re-enforcement of your beliefs and self. IMO, half the people that fail at weight loss is a negative thinkers mentality.

Agreed. And I think that you can train yourself to think positively. It's not like it's something out of your control. Thinking positively is a good habit.
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    yeah i lik to try to think positively as much s possibly and i do believe it works... the books definately do help.... gettin a job is next on my positive list....