What do you wear to zumba?

Options
There is a place just down the street from me that offers zumba. But I have never been to any type of gym or class, and I'm wondering - what am I supposed to wear? Am I supposed to take anything with me? A towel maybe? I know this sounds silly but I really don't know!

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Wear something comfortable, and shoes with low tread if possible. You'll probably want a water bottle and a towel.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I just wear sweat pants and a tshirt. You will need a bottle of water and a towel. You will be sweaty during and after.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    If it's your first time, you might want to bring a towel. I don't sweat that much anymore so I don't really need one. Wear something comfortable that you can freely move in.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Definetly bring water and a towel - you will work up a sweat!
    Any work out gear is fine - I wear knee length shorts and a loose fitting t shirt.
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just wear a tee shirt and a pair of exercise capris (it's much easier to exercise when you don't have to worry about pulling your pants our of your crotch every five minutes)...I also take a bottle of water. Unless you are taking the toning class, you won't need to bring anything with you. It's soooo much fun...I hope you enjoy it =)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    There is a place just down the street from me that offers zumba. But I have never been to any type of gym or class, and I'm wondering - what am I supposed to wear? Am I supposed to take anything with me? A towel maybe? I know this sounds silly but I really don't know!

Regular gym clothes!
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    Comfortable clothing!

Thin bottoms (shorts etc)
    Vest top/T-Shirt
    Trainers

Take water and a towel with you because you will need it!

Oh and a smile as everyone is so happy at Zumba! Enjoy :)
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Regular gym clothes are fine but nothing that you need to adjust on a regular basis because that gets real old fast! (IE needing to pull up pants, pull down shirt) you should be comfortable! I usually wear workout capri pants and a tank top or t-shirt. Also definitely bring a water bottle!

A lot of people (at my gym anyway) wear the official "Zumba wear" that they buy but it's really not necessary, especially if you're just trying it out!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra, tanktop with bra shelf (I hate bouncing!!) and either shorts or capris workout pants. Defintiely low tread sneakers are a must! Water botle for sure and towel. I've been doing Zumba for over a eyar now and I sweat more now than i did at the beginning because I really push myself to go as high impact as possible. LOVE IT! It does take a couple classes to get used to the moves so don't be discouraged if you don't get it this class. GIve it time! Just keep moving and have fun!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Something comfortable...that you can move in without tugging and pulling on your clothes. Shoes with low tread...not brand new running shoes...you'll hurt your knees with all the twisting. Water...lots of water....

Also bring the ability to have fun =)
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Tie your hair back if you don't like it getting in your face!
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts, t-shirt and knee socks. My shoes change depending on whether we are on a wood gym floor or the carpet in the multipurpose room.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts/capris with a thin t-shirt, and I always bring a BIG water bottle, because Zumba makes me very thirsty with all of the activity and sweating.