What's your secret???

Options
I've gained weight steadily for as long as I can remember. I've failed more diets that I can count. I've lost 5 lbs only to gain 10 back. This has always been my pattern.... Until now. As of May 31, 2011 I turned over a new leaf. Weighing in at 261 I was devastated and thought "something's gotta change". So I changed. Everything. I changed what, how and when I ate. I changed how much I move and I started over. I taught myself portion control. I taught myself about nutrition. I spoke to friends, colleagues and professionals about how to live a healthy lifestyle and I implemented those changes. I confronted and continue to confront my emotional issues with regards to eating. It's an ongoing battle but I'm determined to win and there's nothing I like more than a challenge! Since then I've lost 36lbs and am going strong. People are noticing a change not just in my physical appearance but in my attitude and confidence. And here's the part I love the most: they keep asking "what's your secret?" and I can't help but smile because I have finally figured it out. And now I'd like to share it with you, so lean close and keep this just between us...

I'm my secret.

No fad diet. No weight loss tricks. Just me eating right, working hard and taking pride in myself (for quite possibly the first time in almost 27 years). I've got a long way to go but when I look at how far I've come I KNOW that I can do go all the way. Why? Because I've got the secret :wink:

What's yours?

Replies

• nursinggirl64
    Options
    your awesome!!!...thats so great... i know how u feel ive joined weight watchers and done every diet under the sun but when i do my own personalized diet i do better. like i jus watch my carb and fat content in foods dont snack after 7pm and drink my water and exercise...no foods r off limitas i jus watch portion sizes we can do this together...u go girl