Ready to rock it!!

Options
Hey..

After a few unsuccessful attempts I have decided to stop being lazy get moving!! I just put on a whole bunch of weight the past four years in college :grumble: and now I am done and have no excuse!!!

Glad to have others along the way!!

Chantal

Replies

• michellemulligan
    Options
    congrats to you!

Never stop trying. That's all we can do. I feel your pain. I just completed some courses, as well as two really big exams, and with it being quite stressful, if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it! My courses and exams are now finished, so I have no more excuses. I'm just tired of feeling sluggish and weighted down. Time to get off my butt and get moving more. This site was recommeded to me by my doctor. She uses it and has lost a ton of weight and looks good, so I thought I would give it a try. Good Luck in your weight loss journey.

michelle
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Go for it! :happy:
  • tmvdavis
    Options
    This is a great time to really get serious about your health. I did the same thing after ungrad. The only down side was I didn't have a job and couldn't buy any new clothes that fit, but that is a very good problem to have! And don't worry you wont be able to keep it up, I am in grad school and working part time so once you learn how it eat healthy you can take those tools with you anywhere. Good Luck
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is the exact same reason I joined MFP, College Weight Gain, YIKES! This is a great time to get started though, and there really are no more excuses, at least there weren't for me. It was easy to eat bad and put off working out when i had class early, or had clinicals, or a big exam i needed to study for, and had to "sacrifice" healthy eating and exercise for lack of time. Much luck to you using MFP, make sure to utilize all of it from calorie and exercise counting to supportive friends you'll find here to the forums for answers to your questions!
  • ChantalO89
    ChantalO89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I also figured that I would have more energy if got off this extra weight..i work nights 12 hour shifts.. 7p to 7a.. and i only do three days a week but when i am home..all i want to do is lay around! ahhhhhh...drives me crazy!!!