Online Dating ruins people.

Avalonis
Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
Online dating ruins people.

Think about it: When you are an attractive woman online, you get hit one like 100 times a day, and you have your complete choice of whatever guy you want. Then in real life, if someone hits on you, you are thinking "I haven't read his profile. I don't know what he's like. What if we have nothing in common? He's not as good looking as other guys hitting on me...."

On the flip side, it ruins men too.

The man thinks "This real life *kitten* is way too much work and has the possibility of ACTUAL rejection, rather than just no response. I can just find a girl online."

In addition to all this, you get the crazy factor. Lets face it... a vast majority of guys that seem completely normal in person are freaking CREEPER WEIRDO's on the internet.

Case and Point: In real life, people don't say *kitten* like "I would stab myself in the eye with an AIDS infected needle just to have one date with you".

So now the women are creeped out as well.

So I was in the gym the other day, thinking this stuff to myself, when I had a great "Light bulb/AHA!!!!!" moment. I thought to myself "What if guys in real life actually DID do the same kind of thing?????"

To make a long story short, apparently it is MUCH creepier in real life to say

"I see you have a Starbucks uniform in your gym bag in the ladies locker rooms. Do you work at Starbucks? You should tell me which one. Don't make me visit all of them around here until I find you!"

;)

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    LOL did you really say it??? That would be AWESOME btw.

I can't say i've ever really had issues with people online, but i'm not on any dating sites either.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    "I see you have a Starbucks uniform in your gym bag in the ladies locker rooms. Do you work at Starbucks? You should tell me which one. Don't make me visit all of them around here until I find you!"

;)

Cleaning coffee from computer screen. BAHAHAHAHA!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    ...funny:laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    LMAO!!!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Online dating has only served to prove to me how creepy the men on the sites are...
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Haha had a good laugh reading this
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    so very funny! :)
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    I guess I like the creepy ones. I married the guy I met online. We have been married for almost 13 years now. :love:
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    :drinker:
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Um, what were you doing in the ladies' locker room?
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Um, what were you doing in the ladies' locker room?

Now you're catching on! ;)
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    I guess I like the creepy ones. I married the guy I met online. We have been married for almost 13 years now. :love:

I also married the most wonderful man alive who I met online.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member

haha agreed...im not married but ive been with a guy i met online for 2 years :) funny story though!! xxx
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    I just got a message from a guy at an online dating site.."I would enjoy making love to you all night long and you would enjoy it as well"
    That is creepy no matter what the medium or venue or whatever.
    I told him I would probably enjoy it a lot more alone. But thanks anyway.
  • mmelledge
    mmelledge Posts: 150
    My husband and I will be married 7 years on Halloween. Oh yeah... I met him while playing an on line RPG :)
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    I am HAPPY BEING SINGLE!!!! WHOO HOO! no woman to BIOTCH at me, no one to nag at me. I can do what the hell I want to do - go fishing with the guys, drink until I foam out of my mouth, flick on the lights at 4:00AM to do a long run, then come back a couple of hours later, make a lot of noise, no woman complaining, no woman telling me to turn the lights off and stop making a bunch of noise. No woman beoitching at me because I am eating healty. No beoitching at her because she goes on a $500 shopping spree with MY MONEY that I am saving.

The best part of it, I can love em and L-E-A-V-E them. Right now, dont want them around for long! And when I mean long - over a week.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I just got a message from a guy at an online dating site.."I would enjoy making love to you all night long and you would enjoy it as well"
    That is creepy no matter what the medium or venue or whatever.
    I told him I would probably enjoy it a lot more alone. But thanks anyway.

TFF! This is why I don't do online dating.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    LOL:laugh: This should be the warning on all online dating website. Beware of creepy, unemployed men who live with their parents, play video games all day and hide behind fake photo. Response to their advances at your own risk.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    I have always been the kind of person who CANNOT buy anything from a catalog, especially clothes and shoes. I have to see the item and try it on first. :laugh:
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Online dating has only served to prove to me how creepy the men on the sites are...

Wow I meet my wife online as she did me... I was recently divorced she was in her final year of college.. When I went to bed every night I Prayed Lord fine the right one for me anywhere in the world and I will go get them... Long story made short we extremely happly married and I had to travel to the Philippines to get to her... Only 9000 miles one way...Our daughter will soon be eight so we been married almost nine years... I suppose me hoping on a plane flying to the other side of the world to take a chance on life does make me a bit CReePY... BUT we sure are happy and we have beautiful daughter...