What's Your Favorite Typeface!?

Options
galaxyhearts
galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
So I'm a graphic designer, and I thought, hmm, let's have fun and talk about our favorite typefaces. :)

My favorite sans serif typefaces are Frutiger, Univers, and Neutra Text. My favorite serif typefaces are Garamond, Bulmer, and Bodoni.

I won't even ask for your least favorites because if it isn't comic sans or papyrus there's something wrong with you.

Replies

• ailiemarks
    Options
    Oh what the Helvetica - I'll admit it. I enjoy a nice piece of text in Arial from time to time.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    LOL! Then I guess there's something REALLY wrong with me because I like comic sans... :laugh:
  • ferg1911
    Options
    Since getting the newer versions of office, I have came to love Calibri. Sad isn't it?

One college professor used Comic Sans for her syllabus in a junior level English course. I thought I was going to die laughing and shrieking at the same time!
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Usually use Verdana...
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Verdana is my friend, but I enjoyed the movie "Helvetica."
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Georgia!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Papyrus has its moments in time. Few of them, but definitely around this time of year for sure!

But, I'm an old school typographer... Chelmsford and Ondine.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Since getting the newer versions of office, I have came to love Calibri. Sad isn't it?

One college professor used Comic Sans for her syllabus in a junior level English course. I thought I was going to die laughing and shrieking at the same time!

I love Calibri. I used it at work =)
  • SarahC75
    Options
    Lol, Comic Saaaaaaaaaaans ... *raises fist*
    comicsans2.png
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I love Optima and Rockwell. Also Bodoni. I love a good typewriter font as a guilty pleasure.
  • humanskin
    Options
    Sans: Helvetica Neue Light
    Serif: Minion Pro

Good to know there are other designers in the system. =)

LOL @ SarahC75
    I do that quietly in my head. I also hear bollywood style music whenever I see papyrus.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Arial Narrow. I'm not boring..it's the closest to how I write :)
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Swiss 721 -- very clean and sleek. For web uses, I usually stick with Verdana.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've always loved Garamond Narrow. For the web, I like the obvious: Georgia, Verdana and Tahoma; Cambria, and to a lesser extent, Calibri, are growing on me.

Zapf Chancery, on the other hand, has NEVER grown on me. And it never will. :)
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    :heart: Calibri and actually rather like Times New Roman when it is in italics. :laugh: Then there are the classics of Arial, Verdana and Tahoma :happy:

Wingdings 2 is good for symbols especially ticks!

Comic Sans reminds me of school but I still use it sometimes :ohwell:
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see that I'm in some good company with Calibri (it's the one I use at work), although most of the others that have been mentioned aren't familiar to me (like Helvetica Neue Light, Minion Pro, and Frutiger). I really only ever see/use the basics, so clearly I should probably check out some others. Maybe I'll find a new favorite ;)
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Where are all the Dingbats fans?

:tongue:
  • duckychic
    duckychic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Americana and Murray Hill are my two favorites.

I am a graphic designer as well. So, I love the font post!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Ariel
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I won't even ask for your least favorites because if it isn't comic sans or papyrus there's something wrong with you.

^This

For fun I love Font Diner Sparkly. http://www.fontspace.com/font-diner/fontdinerdotcom-sparkly It took me about 5 years to find a good use for it but I finally did! It's the one on my fitness blog banner. You can also see it in my weight ticker.

I also love Riesling http://www.dafont.com/riesling.font

For general use I use Verdana and Helvetica.