How do you use the quick add option?

Options
I know HOW to use it, I guess what I am asking is what do you use it for?

Replies

• ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't use it.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    If I eat something that I don't know the calories for and I "guesstimate."
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Some people use it as a crutch...I would avoid it at all costs. Part of building success here is educating yourself. It takes just a couple of minutes to enter something new, or to look for a close alternative. Quick adds can only lead to bad habits in my opinion.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    when I have samples at HEB or Sam's... when i nibble as i cook dinner... etc.
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    I use it for things that aren't in the database; like if I go out to dinner at a local restaurant and I know it's not going to be in the database, I guess -- that being said, I always highly estimate -- I think you could get into trouble under guessing. Oh and sometimes I use it too, if I don't feel like inputting a new product in the database -- like a slice of jack cheese from the package of a local company -- I know it's 110 calories, but I don't feel like sitting there and adding all the info in.
  • njoithomp
    Options
    I use it when I don't really have the time to look stuff up and I already know the calories. And I always make sure if I use it, I get it accurate. Someone said it can lead to bad habits; however, I don't necessarily agree if you use it responsibly.
  • KiteGirl83
    Options
    I use it when I'm logging if a brand doesn't pop up, and I can't be bothered to create/search. For instance, this morning I had a store brand sugar-free hot chocolate. I could see on the label that one pouch was 50 calories, but I couldn't find the right match typing it into my tracker. So I just quick added and went on my way! (Another store brand was 60 calories, so that was close, but I didn't want to short myself 10).
  • naturallyflyy
    naturallyflyy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    when I have samples at HEB or Sam's... when i nibble as i cook dinner... etc.

Thats exactly what I use it for..lol
  • tisamg
    tisamg Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The only time I have used it was for dinner at Applebee's. I had a new "under 550" plate and couldn't find it in the database. I just quick-added 550 calories for the dinner, since I was pretty sure that they all have very close to 550 calories. I don't use it for anything else because I like having a record of what I eat and the full nutrition, not just the calories.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I use it if making a calorie counted recipe :smile: in a book. I don't always want type in the whole recipe.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    thanks! I used it for the first time when I went out to dinner. I looked up my meal, found the closest thing in the data base I could find, but thought it seemed a little low, so I "quick added" some calories to the meal. I was just wondeirng. I have looked at some logs and like 80% of the day is quick add. It did not make sense to me. I guess if you are using the app on your phone, it is easier. I log on to the computer.