Eggs & Tuna?!

Options
2»

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    sounds like it would make for some wicked farts!

hahahahaha. So funny.
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    I recently started having tuna omelets.. its 1 egg /2 egg whites BLACK PEPPER I do about a tsp and a half.. one pouch of tuna 2.6 ounces.. lay the egg as you would for an omelet.. lay the tuna on after half cooked.. lay about an ounce of cheddar cheese.. fold and YUMMY!!!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I think it's a southern thing, but we made tuna salad with tuna and boiled egg... actually it's what I brought for dinner tonight lol
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Well...

Im not ready to try it with scrambled eggs.... Lol.

But I think i will have a tuna sandwich tonight with boiled eggs in it.

Thank you everybody. :o)
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    Tuna (Sweet & Spicy flavor is my favorite), hard-boiled egg, lite mayo, a little chopped celery & onion = Great Tuna Salad!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Anybody ever tried it?!

Any suggestions?!

I love em both and am sooo curious.

Thank you. :)

I do this to my tuna!

tuna
    brown rice
    Tuong ot Sriracha chinese hot sauce
    Low sodium teriyaki

I am going to throw in some eggs now based on your idea. Maybe a yolk and some egg whites? Thanks!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I never would have thought to add hard cooked eggs to tuna salad but it sounds interesting so I might try it. Actually now that I think about it when I was a kid for dinner sometimes my mom would make tuna salad and egg salad and I would mix them together. So I guess this idea isn't all the far off.
  • mdyewhea
    Options
    I am the carb queen and don't eat enough protein. Can you really eat too much protein if you maintain your calorie intake? Anyway, since pre-menopausal women have a low incidence of heart disease, we can eat eggs (it's the yolk) as often as we want. Tuna is a also a good, low fat source of protein-I can only stand the albacore, but with a teeny weeny amount of low fat mayo, I have a good little meal.

Add lettuce for a salad. Duhh. Are you familiar with salade Nicoise-it's a French concoction with tuna and some yummy olives-I think hard boiled eggs, too. I think the dressing is vinegar and oil based. I'm sure there are modified versions-lose the olives, but boo-hoo! Please post any recipes you all track down-I personally need incentives to make salads, because I am lazy.
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    Sounds a bit minging - but tuna and hard boiled egg all mixed up with some sweet pickle - sounds gross.com, but is actually LOVELY :D Eggs and tuna, love them!!!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've actually got a Tuna Niscois salad today...lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, cold asparagis, hardboiled egg white, flaked tuna and a couple of new potatoes...bit of lemon juice, black pepper and chives...yummy!!

I also have tuna and spinach in my omlettes. It's a really nice combo...so enjoy!