Somewhat new, needing input

Options
Hi there, I have conversed with some of you through posts. I am somewhat new to being a committed member of MFP. I have my diary available to friends, and have only religiously put EVERYTHING in since Saturday. I had a torn VMO ( a muscle in your quad) that is pretty much healed that has kept me from exercising since July. I was just in a horrible car accident and on crutches now with a knee immobilizer. My starting weight was 210 lbs (Aug 14, 2010) and now I am 147 ish. My goal is 135 and not sure what else I can do right now without exercise. Any input?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    When you can't exercise the best thing is portion control. Stay within your goals.
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your accident, hope you get back on track soon!

I agree, portion control is important! Positive thinking too and staying strong.

Good luck and all the best :)
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have health issues that keep me from exercising very much. I do what I can but it isn't much. As long as I follow the MFP guidelines on calories, ect. I still lose weight. Hope you have a quick recovery.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job getting this far! I know that you probably don't want to take supplements, etc, but the only 2 things I can think about would be 1) the Body by Vi shakes or 2) a colon cleanse...?
    I have a friend who was VERY active and he was also recently in a bad accident. He is not allowed to do any kind of physical activity for a while. It's been 3 months now, and he's beginning to put on inches and lose muscle mass. He has gained 25 pounds altogether. His wife decided to try Body by Vi shakes because a friend was selling them and they totally worked. Usually I hate stuff like that and I wouldn't even mention it except your situation is almost identical to his. Just something to look into. Good luck! I hope recovery goes quickly for you!
  • smd819882
    Options
    Thanks everyone! With the exception of today I have been very good with portion control, and have been trying to stick within my calorie goals. I have not gained weight but scared I am losing muscle mass because I am still losing weight. I guess time will tell. Excited and hoping for a quick recovery!!!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hugs hugs and more hugs...

Crunches are good, there are so many and you dont use your legs, or look on www.bodyrock.tv I am sure there are many things on there. Also Zuzana shows everyone at every level how to do it!

You can get a weighted ball, and with your legs in the air, or on the floor, not sure about your muscles, but can find out then bounce to each side.....

Feel free to add me as a friend, please put a message in so I know who you are xx :bigsmile: