Step Aerobics

Options
I went to a step aerobics class today. I took one many years ago, but this one I just jumped into - I hope the other people there have been going for a while. I WAS SO LOST and the only one (really I looked around). I ended up walking out and doing some running on the treadmill (today's the first time I tried to run, it didn't go too bad I guess).

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite exercise is. I like spin classes and weightlifting with my husband (he's my best cheerleader, I always do more when he's around). What do you do...?:happy:

Replies

• cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I went to a step aerobics class today. I took one many years ago, but this one I just jumped into - I hope the other people there have been going for a while. I WAS SO LOST and the only one (really I looked around). I ended up walking out and doing some running on the treadmill (today's the first time I tried to run, it didn't go too bad I guess).

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite exercise is. I like spin classes and weightlifting with my husband (he's my best cheerleader, I always do more when he's around). What do you do...?:happy:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Cupcake!

I always have and continue to LOVE step aerobics!!! I also started going to a strength training class which I enjoy as well. Machines...the elliptical, precor, and arc trainer...DO NOT like the treadmill=BORING...:laugh: I also like the weight machines...but find the LEAST enjoyment in jumping rope....:angry: LOL...
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My favorite classes are spin, high intensity training (kind of like boot camp), and yes, step! It took me awhile and several teachers to make it to the advanced level, but I still do get lost. I swear, this teacher at my gym makes up the most difficult and ridiculous routines, but when in doubt I improvise. As long as I keep my hr up, I stick it out.
  • TNJJ2
    TNJJ2 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey! The elliptical is tough but I've found I can really burns more calories in less time on this machine....try it. Also recently I've tried mixing it up w/ yoga, strength training, bike etc and it really helps work different muscles.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    step is by far my favorite workout!!
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The people who got it seemed to be having a lot of fun...I'll have to try a beginners class sometime.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    The people who got it seemed to be having a lot of fun...I'll have to try a beginners class sometime.

Yes, don't give up after just one class! It takes time to learn the names of the moves. I like to do step once a week to mix it up. We have a lot of spinning classes, so I do those, plus one circuit training class (with a teacher who is Jillian in disguise, I just know it!) and so I like to throw step into the mix. EVERYONE was new at it at one time! If you get stuck on something, just keep moving and you'll get it! :smile: