C-section and 30 days shred results

Options
Currently on level 3 day 2 and I've seen minimal results after having a c-section 4 months ago. I want to see pictures for motivational purposes and also hear about diet/exercise along with the shred. Thanks.

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Wow, there can be a lot of things contributing to that. If you had a baby 4 months ago, your body isn't going to snap back in 4 months. It took you 9 months to stretch out for the baby and it typically takes 9 months to get back. I just had a baby 4 months ago too and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight now but my hips are still spread apart enough so that none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me yet.

Another thing I would add is did you take your measurements before you started? You look at your body every day and it's very difficult to 'see' a visible change. The measuring tape doesn't lie though. As far as dieting and exercise, as with any exercise regimen, you have to have a good diet to go along with it (well you should have agood diet in general) so I'm not sure what you want to hear there.

I did the 30 day shred for 2 months just to get back into shape after I had the baby. I didn't take measurements or anything but I noticed a HUGE difference in my endurance levels and in my strength levels.
  • dasexiimommy
    Options
    I would like to see them too I have had 3 c sections the last one being 5 months ago. I am on day 8 of level 1 of the 30 DS.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wow, there can be a lot of things contributing to that. If you had a baby 4 months ago, your body isn't going to snap back in 4 months. It took you 9 months to stretch out for the baby and it typically takes 9 months to get back. I just had a baby 4 months ago too and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight now but my hips are still spread apart enough so that none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me yet.

Another thing I would add is did you take your measurements before you started? You look at your body every day and it's very difficult to 'see' a visible change. The measuring tape doesn't lie though. As far as dieting and exercise, as with any exercise regimen, you have to have a good diet to go along with it (well you should have agood diet in general) so I'm not sure what you want to hear there.

I did the 30 day shred for 2 months just to get back into shape after I had the baby. I didn't take measurements or anything but I noticed a HUGE difference in my endurance levels and in my strength levels.
    Congrats on your newborn baby too. Anyways, when I started level 1 (9/21) and and did it for 5 days only. Level 2 and did it for 15 days. I measured myself last thursday (halfway) and lost 5.8 inches and gained 0.8lbs. I'm currently on level 3 day 2 (plan to do it for 15 days). I also do 30 min cardio 4x/week along with this program. After my csection I was able to fit into my pre-preg clothes but before her but I also had 3 boys naturally and I'm far away from my pre-preg body, I still have about 17 more lbs to lose. I'm getting discourage because I'm not seeing results on my belly and since I had a c-section I'm seeing a double (2) layer stomach which I need to get rid off. I'm looking at success stories along with pictures and some of them have amazing results. I dont' know maybe I should give my body more time.
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    I'm halfway through 30DS. I've had 3 c-sections (the last being a complete hysterectomy 2 years ago) I have noticed improvement in my abdomen, but it isn't in the lower section where the "muffin top" is. I'm sad to say...I don't think anything but surgery will tighten that up for me. However, that doesn't mean that is the case for everyone. There are alot of factors in play:

1. genetics (how much elasticity you have in your skin really has alot to to with how well you bounce back)
    2. time (how long were you "stretched" out
    3. true effort (I know some of us like to say we are doing sit-ups, but how accurately done are those sit ups/crunches, if you aren't doing them right....you won't see the same results)
    4. diet (No, I'm not saying diet. What I'm saying is what is in your diet? How are you eating? The less toxins you are putting in your body, the easier you will be able to tone and tighten)

I'm sure there are many other factors that will play into whether or not you will have success....

But, so far...I am happy with how it is working for me. Good luck!