Easy to do butt lifting exercise?

Options
anyone have easy to do exercises to lift the butt? I used to have a killer booty and somehow it has become flat :(. Want exercises I can do at home when I can't make gym

Replies

• PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Squats and lunges =) Will have a firm sexy butt in no time
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I agree that squats, lunges, and side leg raises are great for the butt. Everything that Brazil Butt Lift DVD's offer.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges =) Will have a firm sexy butt in no time

Dead lifts too.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Squats, walking lunges, and static lunges.

For squats, just make sure your knees don't go in front of your toes. Think of it as sticking your *kitten* way out behind you.

You can combine it with bicep curls or other arm workouts and make it even more productive.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me doing knee lifts that have rounded off my ...ummm...ginormous butt! Seriously, the shape has definitely improved.

Here's what you do: Stand somewhere where you can brace yourself with both arms, but still have room to lift your leg in front of you - maybe a doorway. Then, bend your leg and really drive your knee up - almost like you're going to do a drill team kick but no extension on the lower leg. I do at least 50 per leg - if Trainer is feisty - 100 each leg.

Maintain your posture, crunch your abs, and lift those knees with a vengeance!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Bump! I would like to know too :)
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    In addition to squats and lunges you can also try glute bridges (which you can adapt to make them increasingly difficult):

http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/movements/glute-bridge.html

You can also do wall squats. All of these can be done using body weight alone so they're perfect if your access to equipment is limited.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I did the Brazil Butt Lift program for a while... longer than I should have really, cause I got great results I kept doing it but it eventually got way too easy. Sorry if it sounds conceited, but I have a great butt. But I did work VERY hard and was consistent. I started with a butt so flat it was partying with my upper thighs. FYI...the program is a great overall body workout, it does not just focus entirely on the butt, there is a great ab workout and a really fun dance workout and a body sculpt with weights workout.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sounds just like me! LOL I think it has something to do with having kids. Or it could be from me getting fat. :) Who knows which. I just know I used to have a nice round sexy butt and now....NOTHING.

Just wanted to mention that Jillian Michaels has a new DVD called KILLER BUNS AND THIGHS. It is supposed to be amazing. And Jillian's butt is pretty nice so I'm thinking it's true. :)
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I did the Brazil Butt Lift program for a while... longer than I should have really, cause I got great results I kept doing it but it eventually got way too easy. Sorry if it sounds conceited, but I have a great butt. But I did work VERY hard and was consistent. I started with a butt so flat it was partying with my upper thighs. FYI...the program is a great overall body workout, it does not just focus entirely on the butt, there is a great ab workout and a really fun dance workout and a body sculpt with weights workout.

Thanks for this. :) I am going to try that. It's nice to hear that someone had a flat butt and now it's great!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I've found the hard to do excersises work so much better. Heavy squats, and lunges for example.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I started doing Glute Kick backs. Check em out with a video from from bodybuilding.com

Also I enjoy squats!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've found the hard to do excersises work so much better. Heavy squats, and lunges for example.

HAHAHA...I was going to say the same thing but had to bite my tongue.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump for the Booty! :P
  • NoDairy
    NoDairy Posts: 88
    Options
    Go try the butt bible dvd...if u got comcast its ondemand if not its on exercisetv.com
    I had flat butt after my weightloss, and this dvd helped the butt and more..

For the meantime lay on floor and to butt raises, keep booty up dont touch floor.
    Do squats with weights " *kitten* to the grass!!"
  • ejllshaw
    ejllshaw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Hopefully in a few weeks I can write back saying the booty is back.