Calories consumed Question?!?!

Options
I just started this morning and I am keeping track of my meals and I feel like I have been eating all day and I still have 477 calories left . It said I earned them by exercising but my question is....do you have to consume all of the calories you are given in order to lose the weight. I watched Biggest Loser and I remember when they said the more you eat the more you lose but is the remaining calories we have on or meal plan beneficial to eat or just extra???

Replies

• shiloh25
    Options
    I just started this morning and I am keeping track of my meals and I feel like I have been eating all day and I still have 477 calories left . It said I earned them by exercising but my question is....do you have to consume all of the calories you are given in order to lose the weight. I watched Biggest Loser and I remember when they said the more you eat the more you lose but is the remaining calories we have on or meal plan beneficial to eat or just extra???
  • sezie
    sezie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You need to burn more calories than you eat to lose weight. I usually try and burn 500 cals to leave over.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    If you filled out the profile and goals correctly/completely, and let the site calculate your calorie needs, you don't have to alter the calorie allowance to lose weight. It's OK to leave some calories for the day, but according to my doctor (and this site) make sure you eat at least 1200 calories per day.
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    Are you recording your exercise?

Cause when you track your exercise in the Exercise Log it calculates how many calories you have burned and then adds it to the amount of calories that you can eat that day!

Notice your calorie allowance at the beginning of the day, before you enter anything (food or exercise). That's the calorie amount that I go by. Cause once you add in exercise that calorie amount increases. If you eat the extra calories that it adds in when you exercise then you're basically exercising for nothing (:laugh: ), nobody wants to do that!! :wink:

I try to make sure I eat the same amount of calories everyday. (at least 1200, like dmflynt said) then I exercise to help with the weight loss and healthier body goal!!

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    If you chose "Guided" goals, your 500 calorie deficit is built in. Don't eat less than that, or you'll be undereating.
    If you want to double check your accuracy, use a BMR calculator and an activity calculator, and do the following:

BMR+Daily Activity+Exercise-500 Calorie Defecit = How many calories you eat daily.

For instance, my BMR is about 1400, Daily Activity (walking, driving) is about 200, and Exercise is about 500. So that's 1400+200+500-500=1600.
  • shiloh25
    Options
    Thank you guys! It is a lot more clear now. :wink: