Exercise Programs

Options
I would like to put together a list of exercise programs so I have some choices. I am currently doing Biggest Loser : Last Chance Workout but like suggestions for afterward.

I was also wondering if anyone has done P90X as a beginner? I'd like to give it a shot but if it is too advanced I'm not so sure I want to waste my money right now.

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If you do not want to spend the money on the P90x...there is a workout called supreme 90 which is similiar..it is $20, if you catch on sale at a store, it goes down to $15.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You can also try Power 90 (P90). It's the precursor to P90X. Definitely doable for a beginner.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/power90.do
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Chalean Johnson's Turbo Fire, and still do some of the workouts on occassion. It is an intense cardio program mixed with strength training, HIITs, core training, and stretching.
  • hersheygirl09
    hersheygirl09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i tried p90x as a beginner. it's really hard and it takes 1 - 1.5 hours a day. day one of p90x had me doing pull ups and push ups for the entire workout. i didn't even last 30 days.

i've since started p90 and really like it. it's 30-40 minutes, including warm up, cool down, stretching and water breaks. i'd recommend p90 for a beginner.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com is an excellent resource for finding videos. This website gives you video clips, reviews, tells you the fitness level (beginner, etc), the equipment needed, impact/choreopraphy level (for cardio), etc. This should give you lots of ideas. Supreme 90 is listed (BTW this is sold where you see "As seen on TV" products).

Kelly Coffey Meyer is great. Her videos are called 30 Minutes to Fitness - each DVD has 2 workouts and lots of premixes - helps keep the video fresh.

ExerciseTV.com shows lots of free workouts (instant streaming) ..... this should help you narrow down instructors.
  • janetmp10
    Options
    I researched this for my aunt. P90X is really geared toward people who are pretty fit. NOT TO SAY that beginners haven't done this and and been successful! I am doing Chalene Extreme. It is the same method...muscle confusion...high intensity intervals and weight training with heavy weights, but its a slower paced program that's really geared toward women. (also a 90 day rotation with three 30 day rotations) This is the 2nd time I've done it and I love it!

I also REALLY like Turbo Jam and The Firm series (transfirmer and box editions). I'm going to be starting Turbo Fire after I finish Chalene Exttreme! It is like Turbo Jam but much higher intensity Chalene Johnson is the instructor in Chalene Extreme, Turbo Jam and Turbo fire!

There is a link for those on my blog. www.janetsfitnessblog.blogspot.com

Good luck!!!
  • newarkco05
    Options
    Thank you for all the ideas!