Sure I am gonna get ripped apart..but so what?

Options
getitamb
getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
Hey,
Just venting. I am by no means excusing jerks or mean ppl. But here's what I don't understand. When u sign up for a weight loss website ppl are trying to lose weight right? So why wouldn't you take the avdice of someone that is where u wanna be. I just saying Everybody doesn't sugarcoat. that doesn't mean you should blow them off. They might know some useful info.

#just wondering or wandering to be honest I really suck at english and don't know the difference.

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    #just wondering or wandering to be honest I really suck at english and don't know the difference.

wondering is being curious.

wandering is walking around.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    wondering is like thinking

wandering is like walking

Better?
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    People want rainbows and unicorns flying out your *kitten* before they'll take your advice. That and they're more likely to take the advice that demands the least of them.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I wander a lot

then I wonder why I wander a lot?
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

wondering is being curious.

wandering is walking around.
    Thanx for clearing that one up. Becausee it's sad, but I really didn't know. lol
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    People want rainbows and unicorns flying out your *kitten* before they'll take your advice.

oooooooo.....pretty.....
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I started a challenge to help people and I have tried to keep in touch with some of them and am getting really frustrated with some of them who say they want "help" and don't actually follow through. But people will be people. I'm sure I'm not always following through what I say either. But I do get what you are saying. In case you were wondering. :)
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I'm a realist. I can take blunt, in-your-face advice without getting all kinds of hurt feelings over it.

Keep in mind, I suspect I'm in a minority and most others will prefer the sugar coated version.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Chin up! If they don't want your advice, it's their loss :happy:
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    ...they're more likely to take the advice that demands the least of them.

Exactly. Well said!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    People want rainbows and unicorns flying out your *kitten* before they'll take your advice. That and they're more likely to take the advice that demands the least of them.

very true.

I usually won't take advice from anyone unless they're more fit, more muscular, or stronger than me.
    But that can blow up on me sometimes. I have friends that look extremely fit but are stupid when it comes to nutrition or a proper gym routine.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    For some reason, when I read "I am gonna get ripped apart" I thought of:

w221950346.jpg

Anyway, for the most part, those who want immediate answers to their questions, without prior research, seem to get the most asinine of answers. The way I see it, one receives the same amount of effort, in response to that question, that they put forth into asking.

Simply put: ask an unintelligible question, get an unintelligible answer.

I like to answer with pictures. Makes it easier to read.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    People want rainbows and unicorns flying out your *kitten* before they'll take your advice.

oooooooo.....pretty.....

I want that and I want to fart sparkles! That is my wish. Make it so!!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I think you need to have some type of connection with the person 1st. Don't friend me, never say a wrod to me, then all of a sudden think your the answer to my weight issues. Also everyone is different and nobody is going to put the real story here on MFP. You may need to get more information before you just start throwing your thoughts out there. Not everyone wants and can take the straight forward approach. You comments may make the probelm worse then helping.
    Last thing is you need to remember that its still their choice/ health not yours. Say your piece and move on.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't sugar coat anything. Too many carbs...
  • anubis609
    Options

oooooooo.....pretty.....

I want that and I want to fart sparkles! That is my wish. Make it so!!

Have you tried glittered cinnamon?
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

w221950346.jpg

WINNER!!!!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

w221950346.jpg

WINNER!!!!

Agreed.
  • anubis609
    Options

w221950346.jpg

WINNER!!!!

:drinker: :smokin:
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    Keep in mind that some people who have big muscles or lost a lot of weight have no clue what they're talking about. There was a guy in here not that long ago saying that eating 3 meals a day instead of 6 was why the US had an obesity problem. The guy was in good shape too. Moral of the story:

-Anyone can get into good shape
    -You can't fix stupid

If you post advice for people that is well backed by literature, science and common knowledge.....well, you did your part. If people don't listen then they're most likely waiting for the "take this pill and it'll fix your problems" approach. In that case, run away as quickly as possible.