Mats for Exercising at home?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for mats to use for exercising at home? With winter approaching, I need to spend more time at my house working out to DVD's rather than being able to get outside like I did in the summer. Only problem is I have hardwood floors and I have to watch my DVD's in the living room. I am really annoyed at how loud it can get with me jumping around. I am trying to do workouts in the morning before my husband and baby get up, but I feel like I am going to wake them up!

So...bottom line is I need to find a mat that will help absorb some of the shock when I am jumping around. Anyone have suggestions or do they even make anything like this? Thanks in advance for all your help! :-)

Replies

• lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    I would get a small little roll up rug from Walmart. Like 40 bucks. Try that.
  • brit_chick74
    Options
    You can get those big square foam mats from places like walmart. (find the ones in the automotive section (plain grey) - they are cheaper than the very similar ones in the homewares section (multi colored) and only difference is the color!) They have jigsaw like edges so you can fit them together any number you like - they normally come in packs of 4 i think and are about 2ft square for around $10. They might work....?
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You can get those big square foam mats from places like walmart. (find the ones in the automotive section (plain grey) - they are cheaper than the very similar ones in the homewares section (multi colored) and only difference is the color!) They have jigsaw like edges so you can fit them together any number you like - they normally come in packs of 4 i think and are about 2ft square for around $10. They might work....?

I got two packs of these from Sams Club for my workout room. I think there were 8 squares in each pack for like 20 bucks.
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    oh didn't even think about those! What a great idea.