New Mom , New Member!

Options
HI!

I'm a new mom to a 3month old & feel like we've finally gotten on a good schedule & I'm ready to get healthy & fit again! I have about 50 lbs to lose but feel confident that if I am consistent w/ tracking my calories & sticking to my workout schedule I will reach my goal.. I'm getting up at 5 in the morning to make it to the gym before my husband goes to work & I've never been a morning person so this is a huge accomplishment for me!!:smile: I can't wait to read success stories & get tips from everyone!

Replies

• ElissaNP
    ElissaNP Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on the new baby. You'll find lots of supportive and motivational people here.
  • kira80
    kira80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im a first time still fairly new at it. My son is 8 months old. I had lost 50lbs before we decided to conceive. I did maintain my weight during pregnancy and even ended up losing a little was he was born. I have lost 30 more pounds in the last three months. Sadly, I still have 80 more to lose. I'll take all the extra WL friends I can get :0)
  • kira80
    Options
    Also, I am up at 5am every morning now. I wasn't a morning person, but give it time it grows on you once you realize you can get so much more done like exercising and getting "me" time for yourself.
  • krisrhymer
    krisrhymer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have noticed getting up & out that early, I get so much more done even when I get home, which helps w/ trying to juggle everything else!
  • kira80
    Options
    Yes it does. When we planned on having our baby , which was 8 years into our marriage and took 7 months to conceive, I was working full-time for a very large insurance company. Our plan was to put him into a learning center vs daycare while we work during the day. That company fired me two weeks before my maternity leave began even though I was an awesome employee for nearly 6 years. Ah I'm better off even though the money is tight. So much less stress in my life. HOWEVER running a home, caring for a baby full-time, working part-time at a small business I'm going to take over,taking care of a husband, all the other little things/roles I do daily. Phew. I stay busy. LOL
  • haepifeet
    haepifeet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! Way to go momma!