Sensa

Options
Anyone try this wonder dust? Any thoughts on it?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Rubbish.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried and don't intend to. It really seems like they are marketing fairy dust. Sprinkle it on your food and all of a sudden it can't make you gain weight?
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Sensa is not a drug, therefore it has not undergone FDA approval to demonstrate safety or efficacy.

The website says:

As you eat smell and taste receptors send messages to your brain which release hormones that tell your body it's time to stop eating. This is a phenomenon we call Sensory Specific Satiety. By enhancing smell, SENSA® Tastants were designed to help speed up the process and trigger your "I feel full" signal, so you eat less and feel more satisfied.

First of all, your body already does this without Sensa. You feel "full" when your brain recognizes appropriate levels of sugar in your blood. The trick is to eat slowly so you consume less while waiting for your body to absorb nutrients and for your brain to recognize that sugar is available. Also try to eat good carbs instead of refined carbs that can cause insulin spikes, plummeting blood sugar and eventually cravings.

I would be very hesitant to use something that will affect your brain chemistry or your endocrine system. Both of these work very well without interference. If they aren't, you should see a physician.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Anyone try this wonder dust? Any thoughts on it?

even if it did work, you probley wouldn't learn anything about healthy eating and would just go right back to the old ways.

just use glitter, same crap.
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    most likely placebo effect
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's suppose to suppress your appetite, but what happens when you stop using it? I do have a friend that bought it, but she did not like the way it tasted (it's not suppose to have a taste) and ended up not sticking with it because she didn't seem to think it worked. I don't think it's worth investing in, just another quick fix that, if it did work, wont stick because you can't keep eating powder on your food forever.