I know it's supposed to be all natural & healthy but.....

Options
2»

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I prefer meth i have amazing energy for days.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    i have and just started again take oxy elite pro, have had good sucess on it in the past (40 pounds in 3 months)

though you will mostly get blasted on this site

I agree you'll get blasted here...but I've used OxyElite Pro and love that product. It really gives you an extra boost of energy for your workouts!

I've honestly heard great things about OxyElitePro.

I've taken Alli before when I was first starting out. I don't take it anymore though. I've also recently tried Slim Quick drink mixes. I was going through a rough patch with my emotions and weight loss and whatnot; I felt like I could use a boost. My parents and I sat down and looked at all the ingredients together. SlimQuick is just vitamins, caffeine, green tea extract, and acai berry extract. I figured it couldn't hurt to try a box.... I'm not sure if they really worked though because I'm horrible at taking (or drinking in this case) things regularly and on time. So, I'd have a few every week. They tasted amazing, and I felt like they, if anything, helped control my appetite. I probably won't buy them again. I'm doing alright now.
  • Carrin817
    Carrin817 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am taking EFedFX from Complete Nutrition. Basically it's Efederine. I do feel jittery if I take it without food & ideally I would like to not use it at all but I feel like it helps me kick start my weight loss. I agree that for long term results these products aren't necessarily the solution.
  • Carrin817
    Carrin817 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    [/quote

LOL!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    i have and just started again take oxy elite pro, have had good sucess on it in the past (40 pounds in 3 months)

Be careful with that. Someone posted their experience with that just the other day and it was not good.....like, they ended up in the hospital kind of not good...
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options

LOL
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Me too with the Oxy Elite Pro but I am also taking a womens mega metabolism and energy vitamin, eating 1200 calories and drinking at least 8 glasses of water. It works but the vitamin and water help a lot too!!

yep sounds like my routine
  • FairyMiss
    Options

maybe but oxy elite pro doesn't f' up your teeth
  • FairyMiss
    Options

Be careful with that. Someone posted their experience with that just the other day and it was not good.....like, they ended up in the hospital kind of not good...

i have not had any problems with it, but when i tried hydroxycutt (cheaper) my blood pressure shot up. Stays fine with the oxyelite,
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

i have not had any problems with it, but when i tried hydroxycutt (cheaper) my blood pressure shot up. Stays fine with the oxyelite,

I've had no issues with it either, but I have a pretty high tolerence for caffiene. Its definitely NOT for people who are sensitive to caffiene, and it should never be taken on an empty stomach.

None of these things are ever a replacement for hard work and healthy eating, but for me, they definitely provide extra workout energy.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Bwahahahaha

"Metabolism boosters" = caffiene. The best thing you can do to boost your metabolism is gain muscle. The stronger you are the more calories you burn just going about your normal daily business. Strength training, however, does not come in pill form.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Any 'diet pills' or supplements I tried in the past were either basically herbal speed which made me jittery and unable to do my job, or showed absolutely no results.

I personally think that the majority of them are placebos to fool you into thinking they are helping, even though your body is doing all the hard work on it's own.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    tell me, what do you consider a metabolism booster? do you mean a "fat burner" - one of the best ways to boost the metabolism is to increase the enzymes in your muscle tissue by resistive weight training (weights/bands) which is increase your body's ability to burn fat more efficiently but only effective if you eat a clean food plan.

Majorly agree!

Weights increase muscle/maintain muscle.. and muscles burn more calories then fat at rest.. hence they are a natural metabolism booster. No crazy diet pills required!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with supplementing your diet/excercise.

I take a ton of supplements. It's not cheating, and it shouldn't be looked down upon.

Keep doing what you're doing if it works for you.

^^ and to the above, you don't have to eat "clean" to lose fat.
    Weight training is a huge plus though.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Green tea is the only "metabolism booster" I use.

same for me I have 3 or so cups of green tea most days and I feel it really does what I want it too. I never drank mush tea, those snapple in a jar (they are loaded with sugar or sweeteners that made me crave sweets the same a soda would), now I got the tropical green tea from starbucks and it's amazing I drink it warm and plain and I noticed it actually curbs the sweet cravings and makes me feel a bit more active.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options

^^Ha ha ha!^^

I actually know someone who did that for years. She used to be pretty thin then... now that she's off of it she's gained over 100 lbs and has chest pains if she drinks more than 2 cups of coffee.

I drink coffee, 1-2 cups a day these days. I tried diet pills--they just made me feel jittery and anxious.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    if it is caffeine I should be the skinniest person in the world. I drink enough coffee to float small boats. :)
  • shelleyannefriend
    shelleyannefriend Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Instead of a metabolism booster (which I think could be dangerous and a big waste of money) consider this: My trainer suggested we (especially women) don't get enough healthy fat....I know it sounds odd since we've been preached at for years LF yogurt, LF milk, LF everything....however, I have had great luck with:

Almonds (count out 18 for 100 calories or get 100-calorie pack)---great filler with a big drink of water...also good to eat after you've taken your vitamins, especially oil-based vitamins like E, A, and D (which we all need)

Avocado---I eat 1/4 avocado every day...my trainer eats 1/2 of one but she works out more than I do.

Peanut butter (1T) but it's really filling.

Regular RAW (farmer's market) milk. I know it's 160/calories per cup, but I just put one cup with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk in a blender with fruit (and a bit of frozen spinach, which you cannot even taste) and truvia and ice....can make it more savory by taking out fruit and adding veggies and ginger or sweeter with frozen, unsweetened fruit...lots of choices...Also, sometimes I put in my 1/4 avocado or 2 teaspoons of flax oil...lots of calories, but LOTS of energy. I don't drink it all at once, but sip on it all day.

Bulgarian yogurt---or Greek---regular fat (quality over quantity...I really think the full fat content keeps me more full...and I graze on veggies all day.

I'm vegetarian but do eat farm fresh eggs and veggie products...and try to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.

You are younger than I am and I hope you don't ruin your metabolism by taking a pill...buy good vitamins (food based) instead....try the higher healthy fat (EVOO, too) and see if you feel full...try it for a week, drink lots of water, eat raw veggies...I weigh 121 lbs and am 5'1 and eat all day long...I think it works!!! Good luck.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    Nothing wrong with supplementing your diet/excercise.

I take a ton of supplements. It's not cheating, and it shouldn't be looked down upon.

Keep doing what you're doing if it works for you.

^^ and to the above, you don't have to eat "clean" to lose fat.
    Weight training is a huge plus though.

exactly i use it to supplement not instead of
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Proper diet and exercise are the best metabolism boosters you can use.