Help I need a post workout drink/meal

Options
Im looking to see if anyone has an easy post workout drink. I workout late in the day and dont want anything thats too complicated to make...something easy and healthy that I can have after my workout. I am currently doing the Insanity workouts and I need something after my workout. The Beachbody sells the Shakeology drink but seems a little expensive. I wanted to know if anyone of you have something that has worked for you. I do take the recovery drink. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Replies

• Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just purchased MET-Rx meal replacements which have lots of great stuff in them including 270 cals, aminos, 38 grams of protein etc. I love them so far!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love my protein shake after a workout
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    same here...protein shakes....
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein!!! Premier Shakes, 160 Cals and 30 grams of Protein!!!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Low fat chocolate milk.
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    I like to chew something. Is more satisfying for me than drinking :)
    Try 1/2 cup Greek vanilla yogurt with an apple or a banana. Great mix of protein and carbs and easy to toss in your gym bag or eat on the go.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing Insanity atm, I usually have tuna & mayo, prawns or eggs.
  • Jess22542
    Options
    I like protein shakes too. You can get the shake mix at Walmart for a reasonable price. Just mix it with milk. Or blend it with milk, yogurt, and fruit for a yummy smoothie.

Also, yogurt with a little granola is great. A banana is another good choice.
  • SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome. Thanks so much for you ideas!
  • domiunica01
    Options
    I bought the Jillian Michael's protein shake and mix it with light chocolate milk and banana it's delicious :)
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I will either have Shakeology or just a protien shake. Usually depends on what flavor I'm in the mood for that helps me decide. Since the shakeology flavor I buy is chocolate, sometimes I want something fruity so ill make a protien shake and throw in some fresh or frozen fruit.