Need a work out parole officer!!

Options
I am at that point where I know myself well enough to know That i am starting to give up on this. Every other diet and exercise program I have started has ended this way..kind of a slow steady lapse in judgement or exception in eating or a multitude of excuses to put my program on hold...cold, vacation, business trip..etc.
Well here I am again, at that point. I just went through a great weekend with friends and family celebrating and from Saturday until earlier today I just let everything slide. Here's what I know..I shouldn't give up. I shouldn't whine. I shouldn't expect results without giving this my whole hearted effort. I shouldn't stop using MFP. I shouldn't kid myself about what my commitment needs to be.
Here is what I am apt to do..because it is easier and because I have always done it.
Quit exercising, quit logging my calories, drink a couple of glasses of empty calories in alcohol a week and then whine that I am fat, old and ugly...hoping things will change.
I need the continued support of this site. I need to be accountable to someone, otherwise I just don't do it. I need to be part of a challenge or a small group out there that is seriously committed to following up with each other daily..maybe even more than once a day.
Are you guys out there? I have a couple of MFP's who are wonderful and very supportive..but could definitely use more.
I need a FITNESS Parole Officer.
thanks for any help, advice or suggestions. I promise to be a good support to others as well.
Best,

Anne

Replies

• CoachNYLA
    CoachNYLA Posts: 129
    Options
    You can count me in. I am here for that :-)
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I could almost quote you verbetim... You sound like ME!!! Until I get to a point where I break down in depression because "I can't believe I did this to myself again." or "I can't believe 2 months ago I was 20 pounds thinner." or "WTH was I thinking!!!???"

I'm more than willing to help support you, and in turn it might inspire me, too.

By the way... I drink more than just a couple of glasses/bottles of empty calories most weeks when I get the "I give up" attitude. But I log it! :ohwell:

I started over (again) yesterday. So you are not alone!! :smile:
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    Hi Anne:
    Add me to your friends list!

Here's what I have to tell you tho...............this IS a lifelong project. Not just a few months or days. So, keep in mind that you are not giving up on the rest of your life. You're just taking it one day at a time. And, we all have good healthy days and not so healthy days. It's OK! Roll with it and get back to your healthy eating and fitness even if you've had a few not-so-healthy days. It's no big deal.

One last thing....if we're going to be friends.........I don't want to hear you say "I'm fat, I'm old and I'm ugly". You have to love yourself and turn your thinking around. If you can do that for me........I will be here for you. Let's start with "I'm lovable, I'm wise, I'm beautiful, I have compassion and love for those in my life, and I'm worth the time to be healthy".

xoxoxoxo

Bryn
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I could use the same!! My friends are too nice to me.."oh well you can skip one workout"..."aw you deserve to treat yourself" etc. I need someone bossier lol.
  • Behipped
    Options
    Hang in there! At the very least, keep logging. Even if you fall off the wagon for a little bit in terms of making good food/exercise decisions, you'll be able to see what you've done.

And remember not to be too hard on yourself. It's okay to have a glass of wine or some dessert, just not every day. These are just a few things that make life more enjoyable!
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Your replies actually made me tear up. Seriously. I don't want to give up.. I don't want to disappoint myself. I know what I have to do and I know what I need to do to keep my eye on the prize, I can't thank each of u enough and I am going to reach out, friend each of u and hopefully make a sincere and honest commitment to the life changes that I need to make.
    I am going to post my goals..and ck in periodically. Please let me know if I become obnoxious.
    Again..thank you guys SO much for responding and offering me help.
    I'm not giving up!
    Anne
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne:
    Add me to your friends list!

Here's what I have to tell you tho...............this IS a lifelong project. Not just a few months or days. So, keep in mind that you are not giving up on the rest of your life. You're just taking it one day at a time. And, we all have good healthy days and not so healthy days. It's OK! Roll with it and get back to your healthy eating and fitness even if you've had a few not-so-healthy days. It's no big deal.

One last thing....if we're going to be friends.........I don't want to hear you say "I'm fat, I'm old and I'm ugly". You have to love yourself and turn your thinking around. If you can do that for me........I will be here for you. Let's start with "I'm lovable, I'm wise, I'm beautiful, I have compassion and love for those in my life, and I'm worth the time to be healthy".

xoxoxoxo

Bryn
    I second this! I am already your friend and will continue to support you thru this. I truly believe that you have to love yourself first and make yourself the priorty. After all, there is only one YOU. Stay strong!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. I've been on a very slow slope down and it's been discouraging. But I need to remember that I didn't gain the weight overnight so it's going to take me more than just a short time to take it off. Don't give up.....you need to realize that YOU are worth this effort. This is not about anyone but you. You need to make yourself a priority and realize that your goals and YOU yourself are worth this fight!!!

Time will march on no matter what and next year you will be a year older. Now the question is......do you want to be a year old the same way you are now....or a year older a healthier, thinner you?!?!?! That is the choice that you make.....once you make the choice then you make it a priority.

Someone I've seen comment a lot has a quote (and I'll probably screw it up).....Nothing tastes as good as being healthy/thin feels.

Feel free to add me too. This journey is not easy and most days it's not fun. But I am finally making myself a priority and wanting to get the body that I believe God wants me to have. I just have to put in the effort.
  • allierae14
    Options
    What I have found to help me the most is holding myself accountable, and holding up my end of a project with others. It helped me to join a challenge so I don't let my teammates down. There are a TON of challenges on here that can help you meet others who need the extra support, and it's never too late to ask for support. If you would like you can friend me and I can do my best to try to help keep you motivated! We are all here for you!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am here for you Anne! Add me if you like