Ok i need some help ppl lol

Options
All day i keep reading about eating exercise kcals.... ive been on here for 10days and work out 3 times a week burning 458 kcals i never eat them and im always under by about 50 on my normal day kcals.....oh and i lost 4 lbs......So if i now eat all my exercise kcals will i put the weight bk on....:sad: im lost and confused which isnt hard at the best of times lol.....So if anyone can give me some advise i'd be so grateful thanx thanx thanx .....x

Replies

• laurajane81
    Options
    All day i keep reading about eating exercise kcals.... ive been on here for 10days and work out 3 times a week burning 458 kcals i never eat them and im always under by about 50 on my normal day kcals.....oh and i lost 4 lbs......So if i now eat all my exercise kcals will i put the weight bk on....:sad: im lost and confused which isnt hard at the best of times lol.....So if anyone can give me some advise i'd be so grateful thanx thanx thanx .....x
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    All the discussion about starvation mode is real. BUT - your body doesn't go into starvation mode the moment you stop giving it what it needs. It is still hoping to get fed again. At some point this nutrittion and lack-of-fuel deficit will beging to take its toll.

Why would you try to drive to Florida with no gas in your car? Food is fuel.

The beginning of a weight loss plan is when you will see substantial weight loss. Please keep reading the posts, and notice the people who have lost substantial amounts of weight all eat theri exercise cals.

Including me. One year maintainer. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

Have you been to this thread yet? We keep adding to it, so scroll through and pick up the new links further down in the thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • MadTurtle
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

I would also like to point out that Loyola University's Medical school just released an in depth 10 year study that shows no correlation between exercise and weight loss! It does a lot of wonderful things but weight loss isn't one of them. In the beginning I recommend no exercise at all as most newbies over estimate the calories anyways. I saw a post recently where a noob wanted to know how many calories one got for shopping! :laugh:

Concentrate on staying in the guide lines and letting your body normalize. It will thank you for it!
  • laurajane81
    Options
    thanx so much i i get it now and a little excited to eat more food lol ive had a read and im greatful for ur help...x
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

I would also like to point out that Loyola University's Medical school just released an in depth 10 year study that shows no correlation between exercise and weight loss! It does a lot of wonderful things but weight loss isn't one of them. In the beginning I recommend no exercise at all as most newbies over estimate the calories anyways. I saw a post recently where a noob wanted to know how many calories one got for shopping! :laugh:

Concentrate on staying in the guide lines and letting your body normalize. It will thank you for it!
    True. You can lose weight without exercise. But you won't have any muscle tone, i.e., no real shape, strength, balance or flexibility. You said "I" recommend no exercise at all," I can't disagree more. Your body needs exercise and it makes you feel great. Health and long-term weight maintenance is dependent on strong bodies and bones. Also educate yourself on the ability of muscle to burn calories even when sitting still.
  • MadTurtle
    Options
    I didn't say forever! I just said for first few weeks till your body regulates and begins living within its budget so to speak! Also you didn't read what I said that it does many wonderful things and you are right and in another week or two I will start exercising my self.

But you have to admit that there is a large number of people who start this sight and defeat themselves by overestimating the exercise calories and staying outside there guidelines. They fail because it is human nature to resist discomfort and rather than eat a lot of celery for a month and be a little hungry they start this nonsense with the exercise calories which actually are nothing more than mini binges to a unbalanced body or unregulated system.

Don't believe me look through the forums 8,12,16,24 weeks and they have lost nothing or a few pounds and wondering what has gone wrong. Its becuase they never let there body normalize to a proper caloric intake!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You really have to be careful with the exercise calories too. The sites were all saying I was burning over 300 cals for 15 min moderate on my bike and I wore a HRM and it said only 125. That is a huge difference. The computer can only calculate what an average person of your weight,height, etc would burn. I am not your average 380 pound woman because I have always been very active, so my heart rate is different. I calculated it and I burn the same calories as the average 250 pound woman so be careful and don't overestimate, but make sure you eat them.:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary