Graduated C25K :')

Options
Whilst not as jubilant as my last post on the matter (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/361658-c25k-rejoice-with-me) I am pretty damned happy about this. I've run the last three runs of 30 minutes and hit a little over 5k in each one.

<nag> If you're thinking of starting C25K, start. Today, if you can. If you're thinking of quitting, please don't. Message me or something, add me as a friend, I'll encourage, nag, cajole, bribe, blackmail, take beloved family pets hostage, whatever you need to get out the door. If you quit before, start again! </nag>

I tell you in all candour, only 9 weeks ago I gasped and heaved my way through 60 second intervals, felt like death and had the cold sweats and shakes for an hour or two. Now I know I can run for 30 minutes at a time and I'm quite glad I've done it. I stuck the course, I went out three times a week for nine weeks, in the heat, the rain, the cold, the wind, when I had a miserable cold, when I ached, at stupid hours of the night to make sure I ticked that day off, even when my knees (3 dislocations each, buggerall cartilage, operations and arthritis) were giving me grief. I never stopped, never changed the intervals, never repeated anything. Once or twice I was just shuffling along like a geriatric praying for the time to come where I could stop. I hated running then and I hate it now, but by thunder I've learned as much about my will as I have about the sorry bloody state of my town's roads and pavements.

Lookit, I'm nearly 38, started this thing at 220lb following decades of nothing but sitting on my backside all the time (ALL THE TIME: not just some of the- or half the- or most of the-), smoked like a beagle since I was a kid, and was just an all round sadsack (still am, but now I'm a sadsack who can run a little). What I'm trying to say is you'd have to be in a fairly sorry state to be any worse than I was when I started this, so if I can, you can. You can.

Thursday: Bridge to 10k begins. CHAAAAARGE!

Edit: Oh yeah, one time, I turned down a little action from my other half and swore at myself for twenty minutes straight as I was running. Yeah, commited.

Replies

• AJDistel
    Options
    Great job! That's an awesome accomplishment!!!!

I'm in the middle of my 5th week. I'm nervous for Friday cause I have to run 20 mins with no breaks. Gonna be tough, but I"m gonna give it my best.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K today...and I'm super excited about it. Great job for completing it!
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    OMG, Inspirational! Thanks :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!