400 calorie quick fix ~ 2 week quick slim?

Options
Has anyone tried this 2 week quick slim? The book shows 5 successful people who lost in the range of up to 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Just wondering if it's just the book that shows these kind of results or if there are people who have actually tried it.

Im going to start tomorrow and see how far I get : ) ... just curious though.

Thanks

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Aware me. And please don't say it's a 400cal/day intake over 2 weeks?
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Aware me. And please don't say it's a 400cal/day intake over 2 weeks?
    ditto
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Yes this sounds interesting whats the details of the diet?
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    i can lose that by healthy eating and exercise. so nahhha!
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    It's 4 - 400 calorie meals a day. It looks pretty good actually. I might try it too.
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I still don't quite understand why people get into these "diets" if you are in it for the long haul then healthy eating and exercise is the way to go as it should be a lifestyle change. Time and time again these diets have shown to be a temporary fix and sometimes puts you at risk. Not only that but once you start eating normal again you gain back what you lost. Just my opinion.
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    No it's 400 calories per meal - 3 meals a day for the first 2 weeks. After that based on your weight and how much you would like lose you eat anywhere from 1200-2000 calories. They sell the book on Amazon.com
  • jade_85
    jade_85 Posts: 96
    Options
    let us know how u get on x
  • lilmisslanna
    Options
    I still don't quite understand why people get into these "diets" if you are in it for the long haul then healthy eating and exercise is the way to go as it should be a lifestyle change. Time and time again these diets have shown to be a temporary fix and sometimes puts you at risk. Not only that but once you start eating normal again you gain back what you lost. Just my opinion.

I actually have the book .. and it's all about calorie intake and portion control..it actually seems pretty healthy, and the 2 week quick slim, is just to get an inital boost of weight loss. It also states you should exercise 3 times a week... pretty sure this isnt a "quick fix"
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I actually have the book .. and it's all about calorie intake and portion control..it actually seems pretty healthy, and the 2 week quick slim, is just to get an inital boost of weight loss. It also states you should exercise 3 times a week... pretty sure this isnt a "quick fix"

Well it sounds good, I guess I just hate these products these days that claim you can lose X amount in X number of days those are the ones that get my back up and I know they target the vulnerable. Your book sounds pretty much what we do here on MFP with a bit of a bonus. Does it have meal suggestions?
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the EXACT same thing MFP suggests, without the restrictions on which foods to get your calories from?

400 calories/3 meals a day = 1200 calories....

Good luck.
  • lilmisslanna
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the EXACT same thing MFP suggests, without the restrictions on which foods to get your calories from?

400 calories/3 meals a day = 1200 calories....

Good luck.

Yes!!! Very similar .. and I think that is what caught my eye about the book. The bonus with the books, is that it actually gives you recipes.. combos and such that all equal 400 calories... including meal plans. So for me personally that was worth buying the book!
    And a BIG THANKS for the good luck ; )
  • lilmisslanna
    Options

Well it sounds good, I guess I just hate these products these days that claim you can lose X amount in X number of days those are the ones that get my back up and I know they target the vulnerable. Your book sounds pretty much what we do here on MFP with a bit of a bonus. Does it have meal suggestions?

Yes it has meal suggestions, tons of recipes, meal plans... its pretty cool!
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When you have a moment, I'd love to see some of the meal plans? I have no problem finding recipes to cook, but do at times feel stumped on how to get the most bang for my (caloric) buck on creating entire meals..
  • lilmisslanna
    Options
    When you have a moment, I'd love to see some of the meal plans? I have no problem finding recipes to cook, but do at times feel stumped on how to get the most bang for my (caloric) buck on creating entire meals..

Sure.. I will post some later on tonight : ) Oh..and this doesnt restrict from any foods, infact there is a section of the books, that gives you ideas of what to eat when you go out to like panda express, subway, taco bell , qdoba, meals for all around 400 calories. : )