How do you eat?

Options
Do you have 3 meals and 1 snack, 2 snacks.. Do you wait til your tummy growls before you eat again? Just curious on how everyone else works.. lol

I'm post happy today.

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Do you have 3 meals and 1 snack, 2 snacks.. Do you wait til your tummy growls before you eat again? Just curious on how everyone else works.. lol

I'm post happy today.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours or so... I have the typical breakfast, lunch and dinner... and then I have 2 (sometimes 3) snacks in between. I try to avoid waiting until I get the rumblies :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hahah :smile:

I don't have a set schedule of snacks or anything...I usually eat when I get up, and eat fairly evenly-sized meals throughout the day. If I have a really hard, long workout, I will usually eat more calories in the evening after I workout. I probably eat about 5 times a day. Sometimes at work I do have to wait until I'm REALLY hungry to eat because we have to plan around each other or it'll be busy.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I'm with psyknife! My breakfast is is usually around 250 to 300 cals, lunch around 300 to 350, dinner around 400 to 450. That leaves me plenty of calories to snack between, like psyknife said, before the rumblies.
  • REDPLAYS97
    Options
    I find if I wait till I get the rumblies, I end up over-eating. So i have three planned meals a day - a breakfast (usually oatmeal or cheerios b/c I am trying to reduce cholestoral) and then a big lunch and a smaller dinner. I also eat a snack mid-morning (a piece of fruit with some peanut butter) and one snack after dinner but only if I need it. I find that eating most of my calories at lunch instead of dinner helps me burn them more efficiently than eating a big meal closer to bed time when the bodies functions slow down. Hope that helps.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat three times a day. I try to get into MFP throughout the day to enter my food. If I am running high on caloric intake, then I know to make my next meal smaller or increase my workout. I keep some low-cal snacks around, just in case.
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    Breakfast

Morning Snack

Lunch

Afternoon Snack

Dinner

Evening Snack

Spreading the calories out - I always try to log what I eat BEFORE I eat it as well.