I never eat enough! >.<

Options
Soo I've been dieting on and off (just had vacation so I'm starting up again!) but whenever I do diet, I always find myself eating much less than I shouldve. My calorie intake should be 1,200-1,500 calories but even as a figure skater and I go to the gym an hr a day, I still eat 800-1,000 cal! I feel like I need to be hungry to know that I'm doing well.
I also know it'll set me up to fail...

any advice? (:

Replies

• wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Eat more:)
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would say EAT MORE :)
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake should be 1,000 calories

Oh sweetie.....NO ONE'S calorie intake should be 1000! That's WAY too low. And your body gets hungry based on what's it's used to getting. If you eat 800 cals all the time, your body gets used to that. You need to eat more, and train yourself to fuel your body what it needs.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Oh sweetie.....NO ONE'S calorie intake should be 1000! That's WAY too low. And your body gets hungry based on what's it's used to getting. If you eat 800 cals all the time, your body gets used to that. You need to eat more, and train yourself to fuel your body what it needs.

this ^^ hunger is not the best way to judge if you should eat or not. Your body needs fuel :]
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    you should be eating around 1200 calories unless a Doctor is monitoring you and told you otherwise. Eat approximately every two hours whether you are hungry or not. Your goal to know you are doing well should not be feeling hungry. If you are eating properly you will not feel hungry. If you are not super hungry and need to eat have a banana its a 100 calories or an apple for 80. Make sure to get enough protein and good carbs. You can add me if you want I share my food diary.
  • Froggg12345
    Options
    Why don't you blend a shake make it yourself whatever you like, add in fruit, veggies and even a whole egg whatever you like. This can help you get to your required calories. Its quick and easy. Goodluck =)
  • roseluv900
    Options
    Edit~ I meant 1,200 cal (: 1,000 is way too low but for some reason thats as much as I ever eat! > . <
  • dinnae
    dinnae Posts: 28
    Options

TOTALLY AGREE! Your body goes into starvation mode, and then you won't lose much either! MAKE yourself eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. EVEN IF YOU DON'T FEEL HUNGRY. You will lose more, faster, than if you starve yourself. Been there done that. ;)
  • nursinggirl64
    Options
    1,000 calories a day and u figure skate? that burns as many calories as ur eatng u should b eatn 1800 atleast n ude lose
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    First advice is drop what you're doing. If you're calling this dieting you're setting yourself up for failure. This is a way of life you're either in or out. 1k calories is dangerous BTW.