How long would it take me to lose...

Options
14lbs? What do I have to do to achieve this weight asap? I'm 5'3 ft and weigh 120lbs.
thanks! (:

Replies

• digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I can answer you, but I need to know your body fat % first.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I would recommend aiming for half a pound a week. You don't have much to lose, you shouldn't aim to lose it too quickly. So with that math... 28 weeks...
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    If your diligent and eat right and work out every day than you can lose that in a month easy maybe a month and a half. Just remeber when you lose quickly your more likely to gain it back so be careful but if your motivated i know you can do it in a healthy way
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    probably lose the first 5-10 fairly quickly then youll hit a wall and lose like hardly any.

my guess- 3 months.

:D
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Losing weight "asap" is not the long term solution. You have very little to lose, so the "healthier" way would be to lose at most, a pound or so a week.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You're already in the "healthy" range using the BMI calculator, so it's hard to say how long it would take to lose 14 lbs when you're already in the healthy range.

If you've been trying to lose that 14 lbs but you can't seem to get there - 120 may be the weight your body is comfortable with.

I would suggest evaluating your food journal, incorporate strenght/weight training and eat half or perhaps ALL of your exercise calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Given your starting weight it will be difficult to lose that amount. Certainly not at more than 1lb a week, so whoever said a month didnt see your starting weight.

If you want healthy, permanent loss, aim for half to one pound a week.
  • JessieLU
    Options
    Just from experience, it took me about 5 months to lose 14 pounds and that was working out 5 days a week and eating fewer calories. I didn't want the weight to come back so I made sure that I changed my habits. Now, I have lost about 22 pounds and that has taken about 10 months and the weight is coming of much slower than it was before.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Try this, consume how ever many calories you feel you need to, but eliminate the carbs that cause your insulin to increase. I lose about 7-10 lbs a month following only that, no exercise required.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    If your diligent and eat right and work out every day than you can lose that in a month easy maybe a month and a half. Just remeber when you lose quickly your more likely to gain it back so be careful but if your motivated i know you can do it in a healthy way

No way - this is completely unrealistic. If she had 50+ lbs to lose, losing 14 lbs in 1-1.5 months might be possible, but she has barely any to lose and is already in a healthy weight range.

Set your net goal to 1200 cals and reach it, including eating your exercise calories. For your weight, you'll probably only lose .5 lb a week... and that's totally fine!
  • shauna121211
    Options
    probably lose the first 5-10 fairly quickly then youll hit a wall and lose like hardly any.

my guess- 3 months.

:D

This is more realistic, the first 5 will probably fall off in 2 weeks max, the rest will take a while...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    14lbs? What do I have to do to achieve this weight asap? I'm 5'3 ft and weigh 120lbs.
    thanks! (:

Starve yourself.. Thats one way to lose weight asap.

Or you can do it the healthy way and cut calories, eat better(fruits, veggies, minimal processed food, etc) and do a combo of cardio/weights.

I started out with 30 to lose total and it took me about 3 or 4 months to lose 15 pounds.