A Few Q's About JM 30 Day Shred...

Options
ive been going to Curves five to six days a week for over a year and feel like i need a bit of a change so im considering adding in the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred....

do i need any equipment to do it?

i would love to hear from any one who has done it...

also, do you think i would be able to do it? im 5ft8 and 206lbs....huge still, but not the 301lbs that i weighed last year...

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You need hand weights and a mat.

Just do the best you can and keep at it. You will improve.
  • aclark41
    aclark41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you need hand weights and a mat if you are working out on a hard surface. i think you can do it! its a tough workout but just go at your own pace until you can keep up. i would start with 2-3 lb weights at the beginning. good luck!
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend JM 30DS you only need a couple of light hand weights and if you don't have those then a couple of tinned fruit. She shows modification to the movement so it would be at your own discretion what you are comfortable in doing. Good luck with it. It's a great program :smile:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    you really just need hand weights. only a mat if you're doing it on a hard surface. start out doing the best you can with level 1, and do it till you feel completely capable, then move on to level 2, and so on. Good luck, and you can do this!!!
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    Hey.. I have 20 odd pounds on you and I just finished my first Shred workout.. it's challenging but it is a good workout, and will give your body a good jolt out of what you're familiar with doing. Good luck! You can do it...
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I use 28 oz cans of baked beans until I can afford to buy some hand weights! Better than nothing, and with the modifications and short breaks, you can do it! I take short breaks sometimes, and do girl push up's and I am 5'4" & 130 lbs. So I don't think size matters as much as your strength and stamina. I haven't exercised in 2 years until last week, but my stamina and strength are building up incredibly quick. Day 2 & 3 really suck because you are sore, but keep doing what you can and your body adjusts quick!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    thanks everyone...ill go ahead and order the dvd from amazon...ill see how i go...

i really feel like i need a change since my weight loss has stalled a little...plus i think that i need to do something in the afternoons since i workout so early in the morning...

thanks again!!!
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I highly suggest getting Ripped in 30. Its the same 3 - 2- 1 program just as Shred. But I found the routine more challenging and gets me in better shape. Plus there is 4 levels instead of 3
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, get some weights (just 3-5 pounds). That's basically it. You can definitely do it at the weight you are. I did it at 230 and at 208. It's hard and you'll have exercises you absolutely hate and you'll want to not do them, but they get easier. Once you finish that, you should (if you're not sick of Jillian) move on to Ripped in 30. It's the follow up and more advanced, but if you can do the Shred, you can do Ripped.