Please Pray for My Surgery!

Options

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'll pray for your husband, instead...

Yea I think he's in more danger and more deserving of attention and praise.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Can I see them? I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Simple surgery the recup is the hard part...good luck!
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The funniest part about this thread is that everyone thinks that asking their imaginary friend for something will make it come true. :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'll pray for your husband, instead...

THIS.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Good lord, you again? Can we please go at least one day without hearing about your impending titty inflation. You're getting tits, good for you, now can the rest of the world please continue?? Good grief!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i was all ready to come on here and offer up my positive vibes for you. Until i saw what it was for. I'm sorry. I had a stroke nearly 3 years ago now and underwent countless surgeries, most of which were VERY life-threatening. I was entirely paralyzed, couldn't tell you the year, president, anything. I have 2 stents in my left vertebral artery to restore blood flow to my brain, so i can function. I NEEDED all the prayers, positive vibes, etc. that i could get. I truly am thankful for ever single one of them, and totally believe a miracle was performed on me. I left the hospital after 27 days, 9 in the ICU, a quadriplegic for about 13 days, and was able to WALK out. Within a matter of weeks, i was back to work, and 10 months, to the day, after my stroke, i ran my first ever 5k.

Having said all that, I will agree with some of the other posters who say there are clearly a lot more serious things to worry about in life. But, if your prayers are directed at yourself, rather than keeping your soldier safe, i will join you in that.

I also realize we do not have a finite amount of prayers, and, much like love, there is enough to go around. I just wanted to give you a little perspective. I truly wish you the best, and your husband as well.
  • Schwiggs
    Options
    If you read your bible you will find several passages indicating your god's negative feelings on this matter. I doubt, not only for that reason, but also for the fact that your god does not exist, that your prayers or anyone else's along these grounds will be answered...or would be answered if there were a god to do so. Cheers.

The first half of this paragraph made me want to mock you, but the second half was very redeeming. <3
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You know I might pray for you. If you ever posted anything remotely supportive or helpful to others. Enough of the me., me, me. I get your husband is deployed and you want attention. Get friends.

Yes I know this is harsh but it is what it is.

winning!
  • mmuzzatti
    Options
    My wife wants to know why I am on the floor laughing and peeing my pants!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good heavens, man. I will pray for you.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Good heavens, man. I will pray for you.
    I'm calling all my aunts so they can put you on their prayer lists as well. Have faith, brotherman!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Sounds nasty.

shall we pray for you?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Note to self: must post faster.
  • mmuzzatti
    Options
    Good lord, you again? Can we please go at least one day without hearing about your impending titty inflation. You're getting tits, good for you, now can the rest of the world please continue?? Good grief!

My reason for laughing was in reference to this post but hit the wrong thing... now I'm laughing at everything else you guys are posting! Now I have to go get a pair of depends to read more of this!
  • akashastrega
    Options
    I am a cancer survivor. I would hope that prayers would go to others like me, who are dealing with a serious and life threatening disease, not a boob job. I hope your surgery goes well for you and that you find the self-confidence to not ever feel the need to augment your looks again. I am sorry if this seems cruel, but you are not asking that your breast surgery to remove a life threatening tumor goes well, you are asking that the docs don't screw up on your medication or give you lopsided titties. If it is such a concern that you feel the need to ask for prayers, then perhaps you should cancel the procedure nand instead spend the funds on a therapist.
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I am a cancer survivor. I would hope that prayers would go to others like me, who are dealing with a serious and life threatening disease, not a boob job. I hope your surgery goes well for you and that you find the self-confidence to not ever feel the need to augment your looks again. I am sorry if this seems cruel, but you are not asking that your breast surgery to remove a life threatening tumor goes well, you are asking that the docs don't screw up on your medication or give you lopsided titties. If it is such a concern that you feel the need to ask for prayers, then perhaps you should cancel the procedure nand instead spend the funds on a therapist.

I just read for profile info... I am happy you were able to beat it! I also wanted to wish you a Happy Early Birthday!! (I saw your b-day is tomorrow!) I hope you enjoy!!
  • bethgarzonie
    Options
    Really!? One year ago I underwent a double mastectomy with reconstructive surgery following a breast cancer diagnosis and chemo, etc. Surgery Is just not something that I would ever elect to have. It's potentially dangerous, and the recovery time sucks. As unhappy as I was with my small breasts, I wish I had them back healthy instead of these implants.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hats off those who have battled cancer and come out on top. Thank you for sharing, and helping us all put everything in perspective.
  • Schwiggs
    Options
    "I want the prayers because my illness/procedure is more serious!" Please keep going. This is better than watching Maury.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Boooooobies! :drinker:

Im still laughing at the holiday inn express comment....pure awesomenesss
This discussion has been closed.